is it true

toe meets leather

Flats Noob
that chan called the plays in the 1st half along with aj suggs and BOB called plays in the 2nd half, i have heard this.

Obviously it is not true
All plays that have been called this year have been called by Gailey or with his approval. Gailey has had the headset on at every game and had the playlist in his hand at every game. On every important offensive timeout, Gailey has done most or all of the talking. This has been Gailey's offense all year. That is why it has looked nothing like the Seattle Bowl offense.
O'brien is merely the designated scapegoat for Gailey.

On the post-game show, Gailey said they gave AJ 19 plays and it was up to him to call 'em. They also said he changed about 30% of the plays at the LOS. Looks like he's startin' to get the picture!

I think we saw Saturday an offensive game plan with much more input from Gailey than our previous games. I also noticed Gailey wearing a headset for much of the game - something I don't recall seeing much of previously.

My understanding is (for the first half anyway)that O'Brien was in the press box calling the plays. A gentleman who sits behind me said that this was being discussed at halftime in the letterman's club.
-SlackJacket

Originally posted by beeware:
Obviously it is not true
All plays that have been called this year have been called by Gailey or with his approval. Gailey has had the headset on at every game and had the playlist in his hand at every game. On every important offensive timeout, Gailey has done most or all of the talking. This has been Gailey's offense all year. That is why it has looked nothing like the Seattle Bowl offense.
O'brien is merely the designated scapegoat for Gailey.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeware's only evidence of this is his prejudice against Gailey.

that certainly was NOT the fridge's offense in the first half.

I DO BELIEVE that CG has taken over the offense scheme preparation for games. Now who actually calls the game I thought the paper said that Suggs made the calls on the field during the no huddle.

I think CG has given up on attempting to run fridge's offense and we are now seeing his version of a college offense.

I dont care who calls the game if it works.

Heard from one of the player's dad that there is a major riff between Gailey and O'Brien, and that O'Brien will be gone at the end of the year. Sounded legitimate.
BOO

BobbyDoddsGhost, I can certainly believe it. Gailey should have never been saddled with O'Brien. Look for Nix to be the OC next year.

wink.gif

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Heard from one of the player's dad that there is a major riff between Gailey and O'Brien, and that O'Brien will be gone at the end of the year. Sounded legitimate.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I wouldn't be too surprised if O'Brien was gone after this season. Before the season, Gailey said our offense averaged over 30 points a game, so he wanted to keep the same OC to sustain the high level of offense. However, it hasn't worked out quite like that so far. Also, it has to be hard for Gailey to sit back and watch another offense that isn't mostly under his control (philosophy, schemes, game plans, or plays) since he is known as an offensive guy.

On the other hand, maybe I don't know jack about this, and I'm way off base. Just wanted to get my thoughts out there.

Beeware, how dare Gailey have a headset on or a playlist in his hand during the game. Who does he think he is, the Head Coach!?!?

Actually I don't think Tech should have been saddled with BW. Chan maybe but BW never.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
Actually I don't think Tech should have been saddled with BW. Chan maybe but BW never.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">oldfoggy .. Tech was never saddled by beeware. only this board has been saddled by beeware.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Who is BW? BeeWare???

ToeMeetsLeather, possible, but doubtful.

You know how some rumors are started. For instance, some fan may have stated, "it looks like Gailey called the first half, and O'Brien called the second half". Then someone repeats it and leaves out a word or two, and it beocmes a stated fact.

wink.gif

Back