Is The Jackets Through Recruiting ?

Big Buck

Flats Noob
In today's Macon Telegraph Brian Murphy implied that Tech may not be through. This is a quote verbatim "Jamie Newberg, national recruiting analyst for THEINSIDERS.com said Tech's emphasis on speed paid off. He ranked the Yellow Jackets class no. 38{this will change after tonights announcements} in the nation.
I know this can be read in more than one way but I was wondering if there would be some late signees. When you are hoping you tend to notice everything that may be good news.

Big Buck,

My read on that statement was a bit different - I interpreted it to mean that at the time Murphy had spoken with Jamie Newberg, all the LOIs were not in (the day had not finished), hence, a re-ranking of teams based on completed signing day status.

You may have been absolutely correct in your interpretation, however.

Last night at the signing day banquet, CG didn't indicate 1 way or another if we would pick up anymore. But it sounds like there are 2 schollys still open, per the coaches. They may save them for next year, give them to walk-ons, or use them post-signing day (ala last year)

TIAR B, you are probably correct but the reason primarily that I paid special attention to the phraseology was that all of our signees were posted before noon. But thanks for your thoughts.

BB - I see - I thought that perhaps the our ranking might move up or down based on who everyone else may have wound up with (signings that may continue through the day) - but i see what you are saying and it certainly could mean just what you had thought (hoped?)

Didn't we give away a few post-signing day ships last year, Ivory?

Perhaps a few like that, maybe a walk-on punter. How about a walk on 310 lb, 6-4, 4.7 DT?

71Bee, I think you are right;what is the word on Eddie Lee Ivery, Jr? Seems like I remember something about a knee/ankle injury. Is he projected to play this year?

drinking.gif

Originally posted by goldeagle:
71Bee, I think you are right;what is the word on Eddie Lee Ivery, Jr? Seems like I remember something about a knee/ankle injury. Is he projected to play this year?

drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">goldeagle:

IIRC, ACL pre-season workout. Too bad, hope he makes it back.

I thought Newberg had us at 38 prior to signing day? So Nick Moore would help us in any reranking. Of course, other late decisions will affect other teams as well.

ncjacket is correct, the 38th ranking was before Moore announced, therefore we will hopefully move up.

Back