Is this like voting a straight democratic ticket?

luckyjacket

Varsity Lurker
Really, I do not understand. Why does the support for Braine and Gailey still continue to roll in from the pack led by ahso, and others.

If anyone were clairvoyant enough to run a confidence poll on the two in May of '02, and asked whether 51-7, and losing 10 scholorship athletes in May would stay the confidence in these two men, I wonder what the poll results would be.

This situation is embaressing for the Tech family, and must be dealt with accordingly by relieving these two men of their duties.

LuckyJacket, you make statements that cannot be proved and I debate them. You just posted another false message when you said a pack led by Ahso.

I am a loner and never work in conjunction with another. If I happen to agree with another poster or they happen to agree with me, then that is fine.

I believe you have it reversed. You are a member of the pack. It is stated from a source that 11 players fail. All of a sudden, the same old pack jumps on Gailey and wants to run him out of town without and evidence or facts that he is at fault.

You join in with the pack when you smell blood and join the chase with them. When I rebuff you or any other members of the pack for reacting without any proof, you want to reverse the action and call me the leader of a pack.

That shows you are way out of touch with reality. The reality is Tech and Gailey was saddled with an OC from the last regime. Problems persisted all year with the quarterbacks and the offense.

Now, you and other members of the pack want to run Gailey out of town without giving him one year on his own without someone elses assigned OC. He has made changes in the staff and this year we can judge his abilities. Last year did not prove anything other than there were definite problems.

Now, you and the pack want to be unfair and fire Gailey without giving him a fair chance. Now, go ahead and call me unfair, when it is you and the pack that is unfair.

I have stated umpteen times that I was disappointed with last year's performance and am not convinced either way whether he can or cannot do the job.

But you know what, I am not a hypocrit, I am willing to give him a shot at it. You and the pack do not want to give him a chance to prove himself.

I don't know why you are embarrassed. Do you play on the team? I don't play or coach the team, so I am not embarrassed in the least. I am only embarrassed about the blunders I make.

You don;t even know if he is guilty of any wrongdoing in the failure of the athletes to pass their courses. In fact, Braine claims it was his own fault and not Gailey's. Whether this is true or not, we do not know. I do know you do not have the facts. All you have is rumors and your opinions.

You are ready to fire Gailey on your opinions rather than any proof.

I will state this again, maybe we will go 0-12 or maybe we will go 12-0 this year. You can not dispute either record, nor can anyone else. The simple matter of the truth is, "you just plain don't know, but you are willing to crucify someone to absolve your embarrassment".

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Ahso

I usually (FWIW) agree with your posts, for whatever reason...ANd I agree with a lot of what you said above. But I am seeing two scenarios, both playing in my mind and I can't decide.

1. "Pro-Gailey"
* Last year was a combination of injuries (that had nothing to do with conditioning) - just bad luck
* QB play was sub-standard because of the BOB/CG thing, whatever it might be - and CG was saddled with BOB for reasons out of his control
* The team's morale slipped because of bad losses and youth
* CG is a good coach, and maybe we are even lucky to have him (and in this train of thought, maybe we aren't really attractive to those other coaches mentioned below...I would think at the moment this isn't a real attractive coaching position)
* Tech ALWAYS, for whatever reason, has a tough transition for almost every coach.
* CG didn't have a chance to really have his staff and his "plan" in place last year

----> all in all, in this train of thought, CG will be a great coach for Tech, if he can get his "stuff" in place, and we're lucky that he puts up with a lot of BS

---------------------------

On the other side

* There are a LOT of "coincidences" that seem to be adding up, and are harder and harder to deny (bad luck with injuries (conditioning?, players appearing to have no discipline, 51-7, team seemingly not playing hard, things you hear from former players, now academics, rumors of players not attending classes..etc etc etc..)...ANd if you think about it, there is a lot of consistency with the above problems (ie discipline)
* CG seems to be a common denominator with many if not all of the above problems (coincidence?)
* Why don't we EVER get any information on anything with the team ?????

Maybe, just maybe, CG DID actually come here to semi-retire , and simply doesn't have the heart for the rigors of this position (recruiting, PR stuff, speeches, academics etc etc) - lets fac\e it, to win anywhere, ESPecially at Tech, its an awesome amount of work, and I do think it takes a very specific type of person to coach here. Maybe he is a good coach in some situatons, just not here at Tech...

So I am schitzo on the above, but over time, its harder and harder to think he isn't at least part of the problem

GoldRush, a very balanced post. It is hard to really determine at this time which of the two descriptions fit.

Regardless of what anyone really wants, I see no way the administration would get rid of Gailey until after this year has passed.

Since he is going to be here regardless of those calling for his ouster, the only purpose the anti-Gailey posts will serve is to make Tech look bad and receive bad publicity.

At the end of this year, we can go back and put a check mark by one of the two descriptions you have posted.

wink.gif

Ahso, your debate on this subject is somewhat cryptic and absolutely mystic. Face it, the current administration at GTAA is one that has failed, and must be replaced by people that can win in the near future.

luckyjacket the only concern I have is what you mean by administration. Gailey? Braine? Moore? Clough? Where does it stop? To lay all this on Chan is going way too far IMO. There are certainly things that can be traced to him and I'm not of a mind to debate each one now. But not everything that has happened has been due to him. We do have serious issues that have to be dealt with and there may be people in the AA that need to go. Personally I'd start with whoever is responsible for an academic support system that has 10 players come up ineligible without anyone apparently even knowing they were in danger. Doesn't sound like that's Gailey from the AJC article. As easy as it is to say he should have been the guy, it's also clear that Braine changed it to take the coaches out of the direct chain of control. Either that's the mistake or whoever IS in control is at fault.

NC, good points.

your post made me think, and what I now realize is that TECH sorely needs a "strong armed" head coach that will watch over the program. Chan has not been that guy.

I don't know if he could be that guy or not. It sounds more and more like Braine doesn't want that in a HC.

Back