It’s GAMEDAY! v TECH v F$U OFFICIAL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is still too early. I am skeptical on OC after some of his decisions last year. Sims looks like he has a high ceiling.
Same here, not losing that pnope moniker after one series, but that one series did give me hope

I think it is still too early. I am skeptical on OC after some of his decisions last year. Sims looks like he has a high ceiling.
Simms looks great, bad throw/decision. OC has had good drives called like last year the first drive against Clemson after half. Need to see more consistency and the OL really isn’t and hasn’t been helping.

Just from I saw on our first offensive drive:
- Sims has legit talent but is going to take a while to grow...which is to be expected
- Patenaude came out with a really good opening game plan to neutralize the line disadvantage as much as he could
- Jalen Camp is the size of a TE now
- Mason continues to be a beast
- Although our O line is bigger, they definitely are struggling most some of the time

Edit: Looking back through the line play, they did actually make a pocket on most of the pass plays which is an improvement.

Last edited:
The play calls looked good to great. The execution was great (especially for a true freshman qb) until the penalty and interception.
Even the pick would have been a nice chunk had he just taken the 10 years in front of him rather than throwing it, im sure that came from owning it in high-school, he'll learn

Simms looks great, bad throw/decision. OC has had good drives called like last year the first drive against Clemson after half. Need to see more consistency and the OL really isn’t and hasn’t been helping.

I thought the pass blocking looked pretty decent... I recall last year there was no such thing as a pocket. They are getting their lunch eaten on run block.

Florida teams should just have to play all their games on the road every year. It's a bullshit weather state.

On that 4 man rush, I believe the 8 yard completion on 3rd down, he had all day in a clean pocket
I'll give you that. They might be inconsistent but I did see some nice plays that would have been blown up last year.

When Clemson game comes on?

If the game gets bumped long enough for the CU-WF start, ESPNU and 2 already have football games scheduled. Guess the ‘Johnsonsville ACL Cornhole Championships’ could be bumped and GT-FSU could move to ESPN-News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back