It’s Time to Work

I think this going to be a really fun year to watch recruiting, coaches had a year now to work on relationships, show the world what our culture, mindset etc is and will be, gained a lot of HS coaches approval as well as kids and kids parents. The future looks bright IMO.

This is why I have no problem with a couple of years where the W’s are less than the L’s. GT is for the first time in a long time building solid long term relationships with high schools in this state. If we can get a top 25 class (or 30) in year 1 coming off a 3-8 season I can imagine a top 15 class in the future. Our players have bought into this staff’s energy and commitment and this will filter down to the high schools. Having ambassadors like Juanyeh, Graham, Sims, Gleason, etc. from different areas will feed the pipeline. Yes, I want to win every game in 2020 but I really want our staff to build relationships with the stud 9th and 10th graders as those will be the recruits that take us to the next level. I really believe the atmosphere of fun and hard work Collins has created will get us consistently into the top 20 because it will attract players. When we start having success it will really take a positive turn.

Back