It could happen

rain

Dodd-Like
44 years ago were were in the middle of a dismal season.
Then we beat ND without a single pass attempted. Lanier rolled out for one and got creamed- but he didn’t get to attempt a pass.
I don’t know the relative talent of both teams compared to this years two teams.
ND was ranked but not one of their best teams. We sucked.
A few years later in Curry’s first year we were arguably as untalented and ridiculously bad- most probably worse than now.
That year ND came in No. 1 in the nation. We tied them 3-3. The thing I liked about Curry was he was still trying to win it at the end- having walk on Whisenhunt throwing passes that could of been picked for a last minute win for the lucky ass fighting hunchbacks.
Curry wanted to beat them. I understand the sentiment when it comes to Notre Dame. I truly despise them. Few schools rise to the level of hate I have for them. Dook, and Ga rank right up there, of course.
It would be hard to field a team worse than we had in 1980.
Sadly, the tie vaulted the Athens correctional institute into No. 1 . But that was ok- all things considered.
So it can happen.
ND has looked very good this year- maybe they are playing chumps- I don’t know.
I think it was homecoming- and Seals and Crofts were the homecoming concert. Carter was elected within days.
How did I get so old?

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
Dang, Seals and Crofts?! I'm sure that was a hit with recruits...

Walton

Damn Good Rat
If we put together our best game: UofL plus a little and ND plays poorly, we have a chance BUT if ND is smart and methodical they eliminate a lot of their risk.

athensjacket

Varsity Lurker
Down through the years the Jackets have shown a propensity to be unpredictable in the extreme.

Opening with a win over #2 Alabama in Birmingham in 1981 after going 1-9-1 the year before...and then going 0-10 the rest of the way.
In 2015, the only significant win of the season coming against...#6 Florida State.
After losing 15 in a row to I-A opponents, suddenly stomping #8 South Carolina 34-0 in 1988.

Indeed it could happen. You just never know where or when.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Down through the years the Jackets have shown a propensity to be unpredictable in the extreme.

Opening with a win over #2 Alabama in Birmingham in 1981 after going 1-9-1 the year before...and then going 0-10 the rest of the way.
In 2015, the only significant win of the season coming against...#6 Florida State.
After losing 15 in a row to I-A opponents, suddenly stomping #8 South Carolina 34-0 in 1988.

Indeed it could happen. You just never know where or when.
Losing 13 in a row to I-A opponents the stomping #17 ranked Maryland 31-3 in 1995.

Jo_Vision

Varsity Lurker
Last night I had a dream that we were beating the brakes off of UGA. Jeff Sims ran one in from 40 yards out to put us up 24-0 in the first quarter. I predict good things this weekend. I never have good dreams about GT football.

LongforDodd

Dodd-Like
We’ll know what kind of game it’s gonna be by the end of the first quarter.
I'll wager that it will be midway through the first quarter. ND scores their first possession. We fumble the ball away on ours. ND scores again. Outcome sealed.

Edit: I wish I felt better about this team but very little seems to be working. There seems to be some fight in them until the water tops the dam but there seems to be no answer from either side of the ball after that happens.

Last edited:

golftango18yankeejuliet

Damn Good Rat
The thing I liked about Curry was he was still trying to win it at the end- having walk on Whisenhunt throwing passes that could of been picked for a last minute win for the lucky ass fighting hunchbacks.
Whisenhunt was injured and Ted Peeples played the fourth quarter. Mike Kelly started the game but was injured early. Even though he was a walk-on as well as a tight end, Whisenhunt replaced Kelly until he, too, was injured.