It just means more......

I thought I had heard Vandy only had something like 50 players on scholarship available for the South Carolina game. That’s tough. If it was Alabama, the NCAA would probably allow for free agency.

And how many serious illnesses have there been as a result of playing the season? ZERO.
There have been some cases of pneumonia and a scary percentage of myocardial inflammation cases. Where do you get this zero number from? Regardless, as long as the kids are tested regularly and proper processes are followed with contact tracing, then the risks are significantly mitigated. I do agree it looks like something we can live with, though, as long as these steps are taken and people arent idiots about it (looking at you Dan Mullen).

Which CFB players got pneumonia and myocarditis? What scientific studies can you cite that playing football is associated with a higher than normal risk of contracting Covid?
Ans. None. Ans. None

Which CFB players got pneumonia and myocarditis? What scientific studies can you cite that playing football is associated with a higher than normal risk of contracting Covid?
Ans. None. Ans. None
Chillax

Well, let's see what they do with Florida. Suspended activities today, "reviewing" decision tomorrow. I am guessing they will find new evidence that allows them to play...

Ans. None. Ans. None
You’re wrong, dude.

LINK

And that was before the season even started.

There are definitely legitimate concerns about COVID besides just mortality rate. Just because you think it’s still worth playing football (as do I 100%) doesn’t mean you should brush aside science offhandedly.

You’re wrong, dude.

LINK

And that was before the season even started.

There are definitely legitimate concerns about COVID besides just mortality rate. Just because you think it’s still worth playing football (as do I 100%) doesn’t mean you should brush aside science offhandedly.
I don't think you read his questions very well if you are just giving a blanket "you're wrong, dude" reply. Life is a balance of trade-offs. The question is - given Covid exists is it better to play or not to play for the people that are taking the risks? Your link doesn't answer that question. Unfortunately I don't think we ever get data that answers the questions, it's always just top line numbers and anecdotes for a few individuals.

I don't think you read his questions very well if you are just giving a blanket "you're wrong, dude" reply. Life is a balance of trade-offs. The question is - given Covid exists is it better to play or not to play for the people that are taking the risks? Your link doesn't answer that question. Unfortunately I don't think we ever get data that answers the questions, it's always just top line numbers and anecdotes for a few individuals.
I wasn't responding to his questions, I was responding to the fact that he answered his own questions by saying "none", which is, in fact, wrong.

Your question is legitimate, and I agree that the link does not answer the question. Realistically, I'm not sure anyone could answer that question. Medical experts can only give as much information as they can about risks, and ultimately the decision to play should be in the hands of those involved, with all of the aforementioned information in mind.

Just to be clear, I am fully in favor of playing football and other sports. The physical and mental health benefits of sports are worth it. But that doesn't mean COVID isn't dangerous.

Big Ten is using "Good things come to those who wait" as their ad slogan.

The Big 10 is actually looking dumber by the minute. By the time they get started, the ACC will have played half a season during a relative downturn in covid cases. Big 10 is going to be just getting started as the big fall spike is underway, especially in the Midwest.

It will be interesting to see if the game gets postponed.

Right before they play uga? Gah!

And I wish Coach Saban the best, of course.

How is Bobby Bowden doing?

Back