"It looks like UGa may have lost control" says

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
\"It looks like UGa may have lost control\" says

Happy Dicks, a former Ga football player & current member of UGa's Athletic Association Board of Director's. Dicks went on to say "Richt is trying to educate them, but it doesn't seem to have had an affect ". Imagine that, an UGa alumnus realizing that the HC of football has no affect on the character of the UGa football players.
UGa Athletic Director, Damon Evans, speaking of the way Richt handles discipline says "you'll see more involvement from me in that regard". That's not a misprint, the UGa AD may actually get involved in some football discipline.
Here's the very interesting article from the Macon Telegraph titled 'UGa notebook: Athletic Association Board worried by off-field incidents'.

UGa AA Board 'worried'

Re: \"It looks like UGa may have lost control\" says

the only time they will be worried is when the record goes to 7-4,the ONLy time

Happy is an old customer of mine and is a pretty interesting guy.

The guy is a neurosurgeon that was also one of the big football names of his time, and - IMHO, it drives him crazy not to have any attention anyomore.

Happy quit his practice at about age 55, because he didn't want to deal with all the insurance rules. Apparently, over $600,000 (a very conservative number) a year, was not worth the trouble after making so much more for so many years before. Snap decision one day walked in and told his partners he was out after thinking about it - over the weekend.

The guy doesn't take any crap from anyone. I kind of like the guy for it.

The guy swings a big hammer in Athens, I can tell you. I'm sure if he's sick and tired of all this foolishness, he will get something done.

Regardless, I'm glad someone has decided to get a handle on how things are being handled over there. I might just have to start showing a little respect for that program if they keep it up.

'fowl, sit down, relax, take lots of slow deep breaths, surely you are under stress, perhaps even duress to make a statement like that!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drink1.gif

ok - maybe the word 'respect' was bit much, but I have enjoyed some of my UGA friends lately and have enjoyed my last couple of trips there, and have heard quite a bit less garbage lately from the Dawg faithful.

I know that you are making this up....

there is absolutely no friggin' way that there is a human being on this earth with the name "Happy Dicks". I guess I am going to check out your link to confirm, can you imagine the living hell that poor soul went through in middle school?

Re: I know that you are making this up....

Just looked it up for you. His legal name is Robert E Dicks, III.

Yeah - I wouldn't want that name either.

Here's the info from the Athens Regional Medical Center:

DICKS III MD, ROBERT E.
Honorary Staff, Neurosurgery

ARMC Link

Re: I know that you are making this up....

Well that would be better than "Pullen"

Back