It may be Miami only into ACC

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
That's really OK with me. It's Miami that I've wanted for the past 5 yrs anyway. It's perfectly fine to go to 12 teams now, but if the fuddy-duddies of the ACC won't go for it all now, let's take what we can get. Miami would add so very much to the ACC. If they'll do it by themselves, I say take them & try to do more in a yr. Here's the link to the Miami Herald & their Sunday story:

Might be Miami only

That would not make this conference look very good in the long run. They want to expand more then that and they are not going to look good to any future expansion to any future team if this is all that comes out of it.

One team does not make it a power conference - you need a minimum 12 to get a good TV contract and that's what this is about, power and money.

The only way this works is as a first step. Unfortunately, if we add Miami the next round would take 8 yes votes to pass, making it even more difficult.

Good logic ncjacket. The snobs would have us where they want us if we accept this little ploy.

If I were the rest of the ACC, I would not agree on that. Why should six teams let three teams blackmail them? What if five of the ACC teams pulled out of the conference. Could the other four split up the year's proceeds among them, or could a suit force an equal split among all nine?

If Miami is the only one invited, and, I were Syracuse and Boston College, I would not want to come into the same conference with North Carolina, Duke, and Virginia at a later date. If they have the power over six other teams in the league, I would not come in later.

In that case, if I were Syracuse and Boston College, I would stay in the Big East and invite Georgia Tech, Clemson, Maryland, FSU, and NCSU into the Big East. If I were Miami, I would be afraid of that scenario, and I would not go without Syracuse and Boston College.

I don't care how you cut it, Virginia is as guilty as North Carolina and Duke, just different reasons.

Father Time

I read an article in the local rag, which was quoting the UNC president - and he was SO SO SO SO
SMUG over this whole thing - he literally said something to the effect of (paraphrasing here) " if they'll just go with MY plan (ie just adding Miami), it'll get done"

WHAT AN ARROGANT &**&%^$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, in other words - if we'll play in HIS sandbox,with HIS rules then we can all play, otherwise, he'll take the whole sandbox home with him, and NO ONE can play - ARRRGGGGGG

This is getting to me - these pres's (dook and UNC) have a level of arrogance that is simply unbelievable

"It may be Miami only into ACC"

Sounds good to me. I'm all for it.

But sure would like VT, also.
drinking.gif

Syracuse & BC belong in the Big East IMHO.
Maybe the Big East could lure Penn State from the Big 10. They could add Navy, and re-enlist Temple.

Back