its GT day (6/8/21) on ACC Network

Beeski

Dodd-Like
just watched us beat UNC in overtime in '99, Joe Ham 6 yard run in OT.
NCSU and Calvin coming up. 1999 UGA tonight.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
GT BB vs NC State 1990 on right now.

If you youngsters haven't seen Lethal Weapon III, now's your chance.

Dennis Scott - best 3-point shooter of all time. No one disagrees with this.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
And if you want to know how to play defense, take note of the Brit - Karl Brown.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Oh, I wish they would show the basketball game at GT that was Len Bias' last game at GT. You would not believe how good Bias was. He was 1 shot short of outscoring our entire team in the 2nd half. If I live half as long as coit, I'll never see a better basketball player then Len Bias. And don't forget that I was in school the same time Michael Jordan was and saw him at Tech many times.

Beeski

Dodd-Like
Oh, I wish they would show the basketball game at GT that was Len Bias' last game at GT. You would not believe how good Bias was. He was 1 shot short of outscoring our entire team in the 2nd half. If I live half as long as coit, I'll never see a better basketball player then Len Bias. And don't forget that I was in school the same time Michael Jordan was and saw him at Tech many times.
I was there that night as well.
I agree 100% with your statement.....he was incredible that night....that season.
Drugs are bad....they can kill you.

(needs Adobe Flash to view)

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
GT BB vs NC State 1990 on right now.

If you youngsters haven't seen Lethal Weapon III, now's your chance.

Dennis Scott - best 3-point shooter of all time. No one disagrees with this.
Mark Price is a better 3-point shooter.

AugustaJacket

Helluva Engineer
I still think if Marvious Hester fields that punt cleanly late in the 3rd, we are up by 17 and likely headed to being up 20 or 24 at start of 4th or so. He redeemed himself in OT with the INT though.

AugustaJacket

Helluva Engineer
So, CSB about the 1999 game. Wife and I rode up with my parents and other fam in the old RV. Tailgated in Physics lot, met other fam and ended up over in AMC lot post-game. Lots of drinking and celebrating going on. Ran into some other Tech fans (strangers) where one guy had a ripped pant leg and bloodied knee. Had apparently gotten into it physically with some UGAg fans in same lot earlier. Getting late. Anyway, another family member of mine gets into a “war of words” with the group of Dwags. No biggie and nothing happened until....I am in the RV and see blue lights flashing. I come out and see a wall of GT’s finest ready to go. I halfway held my hands up in disbelief and hear “Get Em Up! Get Em Way Up!” or WTTE. Anyway, we all were frisked, even my 14 y/o younger brother. “Reports” were that someone in our group was waving a gun around or whatever. We weren’t. Even invited GT to search RV for better or for worse. Anyway, we traveled over to the Courtyard abs hooked up the RV there and slept until heading home on Sun.

/CSB

Oh and sorry if repost.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I'm watching the GT UNC game from 1999 and will watch the dwag game later.

If you want to know what it looks like to have a genius as an OC, watch any game from 1999. Mother of God, Friedgen wasn't just good, he was "history of football" good.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I was just going off of the percentage stats.
I was going off clutch three-pointers which was not a high point of Price's career (as opposed to Dennis Scott).