It's Really Official This Time... Geoff Collins Hired

georgiatech22 is really struggling with this whole "official" concept

It's official when GT announces it
RussianOffense is struggling with reading comprehension. They posted the link to Tech's announcement about 10 posts above yours, LOL.

I got a push notification on my phone. I clicked on it and got this...

Screenshot_2018-12-07-10-36-17.png

great hire. Looking forward to seeing the product he puts on the field. Recruiting is going to get interesting in a hurry as well.

This is a Mike London kind of hire. Psychotic recruiter. History at GT. He was the guy responsible for signing the best recruiting class in GT history. He did good things under O'Leary. He recruited so well Tuscaloosa immediately stole him. If he can bring in the X's and O's people, particularly on offense, this could be interesting.

And for those about to say "but Mike London failed at UVA" ..... yes. But ask yourself what caused VT to fall. I would suggest it was Mike London severing the pipeline between Norfolk and Blacksburg. The Hokies haven't been the same since. And Mike London didn't exactly have a stellar staff beyond himself.

Aside from Whisenhunt and Collins, do we know what coaches were interested or interviewed?

I'm not sure there were any other formal interviews. Satterfield was going to be interviewed but his asking price was way out of our range. I assume there was some informal phone interviews the last few days. Basically once KW was not an option, Stansbury knew Collins was the guy.

This is a Mike London kind of hire. Psychotic recruiter. History at GT. He was the guy responsible for signing the best recruiting class in GT history. He did good things under O'Leary. He recruited so well Tuscaloosa immediately stole him. If he can bring in the X's and O's people, particularly on offense, this could be interesting.

And for those about to say "but Mike London failed at UVA" ..... yes. But ask yourself what caused VT to fall. I would suggest it was Mike London severing the pipeline between Norfolk and Blacksburg. The Hokies haven't been the same since. And Mike London didn't exactly have a stellar staff beyond himself.
Who's really responsible for the 2007 class, Collins or Giff Smith?
https://www.savannahnow.com/adam-va...ruiting-coordinator-leads-programs-state-push

I'm not sure there were any other formal interviews. Satterfield was going to be interviewed but his asking price was way out of our range.
That doesn't sound right? His base at Louisville is 1.sometjing million, max possible is $3.25 million. Basically what CPJ was making, though not sure if the 3 million for CPJ was base or total.

Back