It's Shreveport.

Oh well. Guess its another 9 months before I see a GT football game in person.

Georgia Tech has already agreed to play Air Force in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La., leaving Maryland with the unwanted consolation prize of playing close to home in frigid Washington D.C.

Boston College, the ACC’s ninth and final bowl team, has been slotted into a spot originally reserved for a Pac-10 team against Nevada in San Francisco’s Fight Hunger Bowl.

I find it strange that they seem to indicate DC being a worse spot than Shreveport in the pecking order.

Should be a great match-up between two all too rare, legit D-1 programs.

Days may get to run a version of the TO against our 1st team D. May also provide some no.1 O vs no.1 D practice time.

Wonder how the network is gonna have time for the commercials!? Game will probably last about 2 hours.

Shreveport has better weather and is in a much bigger college football area than D.C. Anyone have the payouts?

Should be a good game. It would be a satisfying bowl win to beat a quality team like Air Force.

Sucks I won't be able to watch it. I'll be at extended family for a Christmas gathering. They'll have the game on a little TV in the living room so I won't be able to either avoid it or watch it. The worst way to watch a football game. Ugh.

I find it strange that they seem to indicate DC being a worse spot than Shreveport in the pecking order.
Independence Bowl picks 7th. Military Bowl picks 8th. Ergo, DC is worse than Shreveport in that sense.

This game is the 27th? I'll be in Wales with sketchy internet access. That's unfortunate for me, I guess.

The networks will be just fine on commercials. I expect our O will score 5-7 TDs and Air force will score 4-5. That is a lot of game breaks.

The networks will be just fine on commercials. I expect our O will score 5-7 TDs and Air force will score 4-5. That is a lot of game breaks.

Yeah, and they can always do the commercials both before and after kickoffs. That's the worst.

I wish the games were longer and with less commercials. They seem too short now after the timing changes in recent years.

I'd rather this than go play Nevada in SF. I have a good feeling we can break our embarrassing streak of bowl losses this year.

The ACC's screwed up again. MD, the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference ends up in the 8th spot? How is that possible other than with the ACC's approval?

F$ck, no way I'm making that trip, game's on a Monday, can't justify a plane ticket for that, that just sucks

maybe a cool flyover for the game?

Sure, after watching 5-6 pilots getting their nuts cut off from FB game flyovers on youtube a bunch of AF pilots are going to buzz the stadium and risk being assigned to a desk the rest of their careers. Not likely.

Military's in the process of being downsized. Spit in the wrong direction and you're getting the hook.

Back