It's Shreveport.

First order of business if this report is true:
Request that they take the mutts off the top of their web page:
www.independencebowl.org

Who's with me?

F$ck, no way I'm making that trip, game's on a Monday, can't justify a plane ticket for that, that just sucks

I did a quick check on airfare, going to Shreveport itself is not cheap, but you can get a round trip to Dallas for under $300 leaving on the 26th and returning on the 28th, plus it's about a 200 mile trip from Dallas. Any other good options for travel there?

I'm pulling for the DC bowl so I can go in person and freeze my dick off. But a matchup against Air Force would at least be fun to watch.

I did a quick check on airfare, going to Shreveport itself is not cheap, but you can get a round trip to Dallas for under $300 leaving on the 26th and returning on the 28th, plus it's about a 200 mile trip from Dallas. Any other good options for travel there?

Shreveport is just a b!$%h to get to from Atl and will take you about 11~13 hours travel no matter how you do it unless you want to spend a small fortune flying direct. Most efficient door to door may be to just drive it.

After you rent a car it will cost as much as the Shreveport ticket. On top of that it would take as long as just driving.

I think there is no way I make it to this one, which really sucks. MAYBE a group of 4 of us could travel together and split a hotel room.

About $150 round trip in gas (600 mi, 25 mpg, $3 per gallon).

yeah, but if I'm paying for a plane ticket, I sure as Hell don't want to rent a car and then drive some more. Situation just sucks, if it was a Friday, Sat, Sun game I could swing it.

I really wanted Nashville, maybe a last minute change :fingersx:

But that ACC blog said we have already agreed to play USAF in Shreveport...?

But that ACC blog said we have already agreed to play USAF in Shreveport...?
That's just some guy at the Wilmington paper. I'd say that since GTAA and the AJC haven't come out with anything, we shouldn't consider it 100%.

I think it is still speculation, I think I got an email stating that tickets would be on sale on the website as soon as we knew which bowl? No tickets for sale yet. I'm going to hope for music city until i see them selling tickets for Shreveport.

I don't get why this is so bad... we're 6-6, and Air Force is good enough to be considered a legit opponent while not so much as to scare us into anticipating a losing season

I don't get why this is so bad... we're 6-6, and Air Force is good enough to be considered a legit opponent while not so much as to scare us into anticipating a losing season

It's not so bad. We have people that can't wait to make excuses to why this bowl or that bowl sucks and how they will not be able to make it. Only on Tech boards does this phenomenon seem to surface. I hate it because it does not reflect the actual number that actually travel.

I think USAFA as an opponent is pretty good, it is the location that sucks. Can't get there from here very easily, if we were playing them in Nashville(or anybody else there) I would be all over that.

I think USAFA as an opponent is pretty good, it is the location that sucks. Can't get there from here very easily, if we were playing them in Nashville(or anybody else there) I would be all over that.

This. I would like to play Air Force, but Shreveport is probably the worst site for a bowl game in the US. Cajun can attest for this if he's reading.

This. I would like to play Air Force, but Shreveport is probably the worst site for a bowl game in the US. Cajun can attest for this if he's reading.

+1

Shreveport is ... not fun. Probably the worst location of all the bowls. Some of my family lives there and they hate it. They would move if they could. I've been, and I don't blame them for wanting to move. I'll be watching this one on the TV.

Also, have you taken a gander at the website? Yikes. Looks like a freshman CS project gone wrong:
http://independencebowl.org/

Where are the basic navigation links at the top of the page? Even basic Wordpress blog templates are better than that crap. And that's free. Also, is this the only bowl website that is a .org?

Regardless, I like the matchup. Should be an exciting game.

But they have giant conference standings tables taking up half the page. Informative!

This happening to Maryland is sad. They are arguably the third best team - 8-4 overall, beat NCSU. I can see FSU in Peach - that's as it should be. Champs should choose from NCSU-Md. But, for the Sun, Car Care, Music City, and Shreveport to pass on the Terps is wrong. I could see this happening only to us, Md, and BC. If this was happening to NCSU the conference would get much more involved brokering them a better deal.

Back