It's time, it's time!!

swGAboy

Varsity Lurker
It\'s time, it\'s time!!

After what seemed like 40 yrs of wandering through the wilderness, football season is finally here! Here's to TECH going to Provo and putting it to 'em just as they did last year. To all of those making the trip, stay safe and GO JACKETS, STING 'EM!!
blue.gif
drinking.gif

Re: It\'s time, it\'s time!!

I woke this morning thinking.... GAME DAY!! GAME DAY!!! Oh wait, I still have to work today, but It is time for JACKET FOOTBALL!! GOOOOOOO JACKETS!!!

This will be my least productive day of the year, gauranteed.

9:30 can't come soon enough.

Go get em Yellow Jackets. It's Toe Meets Leather time baybee!!

5:01 pm crack open beer

5:15 pm light coals

9:30 pm woohoo kickoff!

1:30 am pass out

8:00 am friday, arrive at work with bass drum attached to head
frown.gif

3:00 pop the top

4:00 throw the football with daughter

5:00 fire up the coals

6:00 throw the sausage on the grill, kiss the wife hello

6:30 throw the steaks on

7:30-9:30 eat and drink more

9:30-12:30 drink,hollar,raise hell

Dont have to work till friday night
drinking.gif

Ze game. Eet is getting clos-ere, no?
blue.gif

Those were all fun posts...

I like the kiss wife hello, stakes, and three hours of whooping it up. Remember it's a MWC game and if BYU runs 80 plays (a distinct possibility) then it could be 1:30 EST before it's over. The only thing missing from everyones agenda is either:

[1] hoisting the GT victory banner in the front yard on Friday Morning, or...

[2] hoisting that Red White and Black Georgia Banner you keep just in case of a loss and in the hope that the neighbors thought you were kidding about being a TECH fan.

Just kidding about #2. But you might consider it as it helps keep UGa grads emplyed down at the textile and flag making factories.

Man, I had a hard time sleeping last night. I'm just so excited for the season to begin!

My 80 year old grandmother is a BIG GT fan!!! I called her from work to ask her if 7pm was too late to eat since she normally eats around 5 or 6pm... She said, "Nah! We will bee up late watching the game so it will bee okay." Is that an awesome grandmother or what!!!???? She helped raise me to bee the GT fan I am !! GOOOOOO JACKETS!!! 4 hours and counting!!!!

ITS TIME!!! ITS TIME!!!
TO LET THE BALL LOOSE..LETS PLAY SOME REGGIE BALL!!!!!!!

Sad story and plans for this Jacket fan who is in Osaka Japan

5pm Wake up and read Stingtime for the latest news and nonsense. Do this while listening to 790 the zone praying for just 1 mention of the fact GT plays football tonight. Instead hear only about Braves relievers getting hurt. First start of going crazy with info depletion.

6pm Go on a 3 mile jog through the humidity soup they call air here. Thinking about the clean crisp air of Provo.

7pm Try to find some sort of breakfast I can tolerate. Probably just diet Coke - orange juice if I am lucky (This is OK cause I don't eat breakfast anyway). Just wishing I was smelling the coals going and Steaks grilling.

8pm Leave for our first presentation today. Neurons screaming for some sort of wireless internet headset to get Wes and Kim pregame show. Probably leading to car sickness on ride in Osaka. Could be a sad looking wild eyed geigene in taxi.

9pm - Start first presentation. Make some sad attempt to present to Japanese company while my brain is in overload screaming for Wes. Hope like hell they are just too polite to say anything about the wild eyes and frayed nerves. They should just write it off as a bad english translation.

10pm - end of presentaion. Japanese find this wild eyed geijing on his knees begging for an internet connection. Will prostrate myself for a quick check in prior to getting back in the car for an hour plus ride to the next site.

10 - 11:30 - Beating my head on the window glass while Japanese driver thinks about leaving this weird, potentially postal american on the side of the road to protect his safety.

11:30 Beg and prostrate myself at the next location for a look at the internet to check how the Jackets did. Japanese wonder what this guy is worrying about small dangerous insects for.

11:45 - Japanese call internal security when large geijing starts the presentation singing some song about old cars and engineering. Presentation finished with happy guy flanked by 2 sumo wrestler type security guys for the safety of the company personel.

Sometime in the very very early hours of the morning Atlanta time a lone geijing will be raising his sake cup to the Jackets and wishing he had been in Provo instead.

Hey, isn't it tomorrow there already?

How'd we do?

Back