"I've seen progress; I've seen improvement" Gailey says

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
"I\'ve seen progress; I\'ve seen improvement" Gailey says

Huh? Gailey was quoted as saying this in an article from Al Levine in the Thurs AJC titled 'Tech still seeking respect'. I certainly don't feel Gailey is killing GT or even sliding backwards at a rapid rate. My question to Coach Gailey or to anyone reading this piece is 'show or tell me where there's been any progress or improvement'? We all know what he took over. We all know his record since. We know his good Ws & bad Ls. Where is any improvement?
"It's spiked up & down, but it's been going forward. That, to me, has been a positive". What the heck is going forward? In what area? What is the positive? I surely don't get his iteration.
"We're not an experienced or mature team right now, so there are a lot of swings. So we're going through a learning curve". Huh??? I'll say the important QB role is not mature, but Coach Gailey, it would be extremely difficult in college football to find a more experienced, mature team than u have. Actually, the teams that beat us are less experienced & less mature. Lastly, I'm sure tired of Coach G using the learning curve scenario on the players. Coaches, maybe.
What did Coach G mean by this interview?

Re: "I\'ve seen progress; I\'ve seen improvement" Gailey says

I don't know, and its bothersome.
If he truly thinks we have improved and is at all satisfied with where this program is right now, he is either delusional, or has less lofty goals than this life long fan.

I challenge Chan or anyone, for that matter, to show me how we have improved in either of his seasons when the calender turns to November.

Thanks to Jonathon Smith's 4th qtr. against UNC, Chan did not have an 0-4 november this year.
How is that improvement?

Remember....its not how you finish, its how you start!

I said it last year, and I will say it again this year...

Write Gailey, Clough and Braine a letter..

hopefully everyone will spend as much time crafting a letter to them as they do posting on a message board..

My letter will probably hit their desks around Thursday or next week. There was good and bad this year.. but was this a satisfactory year.. no way for me.. 6-6 is never satisfactory, even with our challenges.. LOSING to Georgia is NEVER satisfactory.. Never !!

i've seen fire and i've seen rain.

Good questions Ace. I've got another one. Just what in the heck is he doing FISHING during FOOTBALL SEASON???

Bear Bryant once said, "show me a coach that's a good golfer and I'll show you a coach who isn't worth a s___t". I think you get the point.

Another telling thing about the article is the buddy-buddy relationship between the two. Guess that will be a tough "review" after the year won't it?

This guy is unbelievable. He's satisfied with what we saw and see's nothing wrong with it.

If I were Clough I'd be waiting on the bank to fire both of their asses at the same time and tell them they can continue fishing all they want. The next coach ought to show some interest in beating the University of Georgia.

LOL!! I'm sure Coach Gailey probably believes that or has rationalized it to the point he thinks he believes it, but he must not forget that we were here before he was and we know where the program was when he took over. If he tries to bullsh-- us he will lose whatever credibilty he has with the Tech alumni. The nice thing about sports is, the bottom line will be the final judge. The reason I distrust this whole line is that what else is he going to say?

Quote by
Father Wasp:

Bear Bryant once said, "show me a coach that's a good golfer and I'll show you a coach who isn't worth a s___t". I think you get the point.

Steve Spurrier is a scratch golfer. What's your real point???

Father Wasp..the problem is Clough does not care either. He will not take action until things get really bad ....... try 1 and 10. If Clough cared about beating UGA and competing for the ACC title Braine would already be gone. He offered to resign and Clough would not accept it.

Has it ever occurred to ya'll that perhaps Tech is not allowed to compete on the same level as UGAg as far as getting the players needed to compete at that level? You know, things like adding extra majors that are not merely engineering.

With the Board of Regents being made up of mostly UGAg people, the one thing they are going to protect is what they consider the flagship university and its atheletic programs. Even at the cost of Ga Tech's.

I've heard stories about how politicians threatened Tech if they got too good and started beating UGAg more than three out of ten games. I'm not saying I believe that, but it makes you wonder.

I'm sure Dr Clough wants what we all do, but maybe his hands are tied.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

Back