J Graham

We will see as our OL gets built how good Graham is. The difference between us and LSU, Clemson, Bama is they have monster OL and DL. We need a few of those. There is no telling how much of a difference Brandon Adams would have made to this team. Perhaps just having him in the middle is good for a win or two. He was going to be the best DL we had. I was excited about his signing coming out of high school. Huge loss for the team physically and huge loss for the team in his leadership role.

We will get there. It will take several years to transform the lines. We should be looking at being 15-20 pounds heavier per player across both lines 3 years from now, and much stronger.
Hell of a guy with character, average on the field.

Graham looks like a talented athlete playing QB. He needs to develop his short passing game.

Even though Graham has shown significant improvement let’s not forget the early season games where the O line was only a few weeks into learning new blocking schemes leaving James a bit uneasy with his pass protection. Some of that uneasiness may still linger.

I dont remember anyone criticizing Joe Ham his freshman year plus that was before sting talk. I guess this was just a general rumbling around you in the stands you are referring to? I dont remember it. Regardless, Joe Ham was wayyyyy more accurate than Graham at this point in their careers so not sure if you are implying Graham has Joe Ham's skills?
Joe Hamilton QB rating his freshman year was 115.9. James Graham is currently at 114.1.

Joe Ham had a pretty rough first year. I have no idea how good Graham can be, but I do know that it's way too early to count him out. He's extremely inconsistent right now, but he's athletic, has a good arm, and has shown big play ability.

Even though Graham has shown significant improvement let’s not forget the early season games where the O line was only a few weeks into learning new blocking schemes leaving James a bit uneasy with his pass protection. Some of that uneasiness may still linger.

It (uneasiness) always does with a run first QB. Having "happy feet" or wanting to tuck it and run is instinctual for him. Keep in mind he was brought here to run the 3O, and not as a Pro style offense. Guys resort to what they know best, and in the case of Graham that would be tucking it down and evading defenders. In time, I would expect to see a positive transformation in QB play, as the OL play improves.

Last edited:

I'm excited for Graham and think he has the talent to do some very special things for us.

Y'all have to remember that he hasn't had a prostyle QB coach teaching him before this year

Last edited:
Back