Jackets vs Tiggers Prediction Thread

As much as I'd love to win this one, I just don't see it. We desperately need a win for momentum, but this just isn't the time.

Clemson - 34
GT - 17

We break a couple big plays, but miss opportunities on others. We can't get the dive going so it's difficult to sustain drives, and Clemson's speed shuts down the perimeter. Pass blocking is brutal, but understandable given Clemson's front 4 and willingness to blitz. Our defense actually plays respectably and gets some TFLs, but Clemson beats us deep a couple times and has some big run plays when the D misses on a blitz.

Funny how coaches "own" a lot of opposing teams when they have athletes that are on a different level. If Venables ever beats CPJ with a defense made up of 2 and 3 star athletes, I'll share your respect.

You're right. Has nothing to do with the fact that CPJ was 4-1 vs Clemson before 2012 when Venables started and is now 1-5.

You're right. Has nothing to do with the fact that CPJ was 4-1 vs Clemson before 2012 when Venables started and is now 1-5.
That analysis is retarded. From 2008 through 2011 (inclusive), Clemson averaged 8 wins/year and CPJ was 4-1 against them. From 2012 through 2017, Clemson averaged 12 wins/year and over that six year span, only three teams beat them more than once: Bama, F$U and South Carolina.

Funny how coaches "own" a lot of opposing teams when they have athletes that are on a different level. If Venables ever beats CPJ with a defense made up of 2 and 3 star athletes, I'll share your respect.
"Well, Billy, you have a lot of college offers, and you've narrowed it down to Clempsen and Coach Venables, or Georgia Tech for Coach Woody, those snazzy uniforms and that epic locker room. What's it gonna be, Billy? Biggest decision of your young life. Where ya going, Billy?"

"Well, Billy, you have a lot of college offers, and you've narrowed it down to Clempsen and Coach Venables, or Georgia Tech for Coach Woody, those snazzy uniforms and that epic locker room. What's it gonna be, Billy? Biggest decision of your young life. Where ya going, Billy?"

To your mom's house.

Scenario 1

Billy’s a football all star and a smart guy. He knows he can play football anywhere and may have the nfl in his future. Billy also knows the value of having a quality college degree in case his nfl dreams don’t come true.

Billy chooses Georgia Tech.

Scenario 2

Billy is a football all star with a promising future. He is being interviewed prior to entering college.
Reporter: Billy, tell us about your high school days.
Billy: Ah played football.

R: what are your college plans?
B: Ah play football.

R: do you have plans beyond college?
B: Ah plays football.

R: What if for some reason you can’t play nfl foo...
B: Ah sed Ah play FOOTBALL!

Billy chooses Clempson.

That analysis is retarded. From 2008 through 2011 (inclusive), Clemson averaged 8 wins/year and CPJ was 4-1 against them. From 2012 through 2017, Clemson averaged 12 wins/year and over that six year span, only three teams beat them more than once: Bama, F$U and South Carolina.

Yeah, it's the recruiting, however good Venables is.

Last edited:
I saw one of THE BEST Tech RECRUIT interviews ever with Marcus Marshall.He was one of the brightest, personable and erudite hi school fball players I've ever seen/heard.
The fact that he is not here tells me lots about this regime.
btw--take a look at the % of lost players every yr.From 12-'15 it was over 35% . '16 will get to that probably and so forth.

I saw one of THE BEST Tech RECRUIT interviews ever with Marcus Marshall.He was one of the brightest, personable and erudite hi school fball players I've ever seen/heard.
The fact that he is not here tells me lots about this regime.
btw--take a look at the % of lost players every yr.From 12-'15 it was over 35% . '16 will get to that probably and so forth.

:bigcry:

He lost his job and didn't want to compete. Waaaah.

Back