Jahmyr Gibbs Accolades and Appreciation Thread

superjacket21

Drink alone
I absolutely love that young man. He’s such a hard worker and very selfless. Hope he stays as long as he can.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Calvin - Part 2?
Honestly I think so. May be more of an unheralded guy than Calvin but someone who folks will name their fantasy teams after by year 2 or 3.

Gibbs me Big TD’s. And other professional monikers like that.

ramblin_wreck08

Class of 2012
Don't take this the wrong way, but that's quite the take that the #1 all purpose yards player isn't getting enough touches.
He’s just extremely productive. On the season Gibbs has ~175 touches rushing and receiving combined. The first feature back I pulled up is Haskins from Mich…~225 touches on the season. Robinson at Alabama has ~210. Yes, Gibbs gets some touches in the return game as well, but he’s far from pushing the boundaries on utilization.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Don't take this the wrong way, but that's quite the take that the #1 all purpose yards player isn't getting enough touches.
The consensus among those in the know is conclusively that Gibbs is not getting the ball enough. There really isn't any question about it. Read Roddy's comments from the article - he comes right out and says it.

Christian McCaffrey got something like 430 touches in his record setting year. I don't have Gibbs' stats right in front of me but he's nowhere close to that.

I think Gibbs is leading the nation in long runs called back because of a dumb penalty. Must have happened to him a dozen times already.

/

QuadF

Dodd-Like
He’s just extremely productive. On the season Gibbs has ~175 touches rushing and receiving combined. The first feature back I pulled up is Haskins from Mich…~225 touches on the season. Robinson at Alabama has ~210. Yes, Gibbs gets some touches in the return game as well, but he’s far from pushing the boundaries on utilization.
With how much yardage after contact he gets, he may have trouble doing 225+ touches. I'd rather him stay healthy and productive than just chase numbers.