Jerry Glanville to NW Ok State (D-II) as DC (Links)

Glanville is living testimony that hard livin ≠ early dyin

Life expectancy for males in my family is about 82. Good luck, NW OK State.
I worked with a guy who told me NONE of his uncles (3 or 4 ) nor his father nor his paternal grandfather had lived past 65. All heart attacks.

He is still kicking, retired at 67, and I stay in touch some. He used to just tell me every so often, when he was in his late 50's "I'm doomed" when diet and exercise was discussed. He was pretty vigilant about getting physicals due to his family history.

Some folks just have genetics on their side and some lose the battle. One of the healthiest guys I knew, a pretty successful GT grad, picture of health, had a heart attack and died several years ago in his mid 50's. He was literally a health warrior and fate still got him early.

I worked with a guy who told me NONE of his uncles (3 or 4 ) nor his father nor his paternal grandfather had lived past 65. All heart attacks.

He is still kicking, retired at 67, and I stay in touch some. He used to just tell me every so often, when he was in his late 50's "I'm doomed" when diet and exercise was discussed. He was pretty vigilant about getting physicals due to his family history.

Some folks just have genetics on their side and some lose the battle. One of the healthiest guys I knew, a pretty successful GT grad, picture of health, had a heart attack and died several years ago in his mid 50's. He was literally a health warrior and fate still got him early.
I'm a health warrior like that guy you knew, not to insanity, maybe 90%, but all that's not so I can live long, it's so I can live well.

As for genetics, one grandmother is 96, other just passed at 94. Grandfathers just a few years ago. My parents generally healthy still traveling the world and öööö in their mid-70s. So I guess I should live forever .. if I can beat all these annoying STDs

My mother wore at 16 months ago at 98. I'm rolling the dice whether I have 15 or 31 more years. I'm debating...

My mother wore at 16 months ago at 98. I'm rolling the dice whether I have 15 or 31 more years. I'm debating...
I hope, for you, you die from lead poisoning at 98 when some 27 year old husband comes home from work early and catches you with his 26 year old hot bikini model wife and shoots you in the back as you attempt to run to escape across the yard.

I too get regular check ups from my primary care MD and I also see a cardiologist for baseline tests. My cardiologist did say though regardless of how healthy or unhealthy one is, when it's your time, it's your time.

I'm a health warrior like that guy you knew, not to insanity, maybe 90%, but all that's not so I can live long, it's so I can live well.

As for genetics, one grandmother is 96, other just passed at 94. Grandfathers just a few years ago. My parents generally healthy still traveling the world and öööö in their mid-70s. So I guess I should live forever .. if I can beat all these annoying STDs

Have you read the sexcapades of Billy Idol and his band during the 80s? It reads out like a medical paper from JAMA regarding antibiotics usage and prophylactic application of them.

Back