Jimbo to TA&M

Not confirmed yet. This tweet was at 4pm yesterday and there have been denials since.

Why would you leave for A&M?
#1 in $$$
1. Texas A&M Aggies
Total Revenue: $192,608,876

Total Expenses: $109,313,651

We guess it’s true what they say: Everything is bigger in Texas.

Of course, this time around it’s Texas A&M doing the heavy lifting. In 2015, the Aggies’ athletic department proved to be the wealthiest in the land, pulling in a whopping $192,608,876. That’s what happens when you generate $45.8 million from ticket sales, $92.1 million from contributions, $47 million from rights/licensing, and $7.7 million from other areas.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/richest-athletic-departments-college-sports.html/?a=viewall

Somebody explain Texas A & M to me. No national titles since 1939, seemingly an 8 or 9 win program in general. Second fiddle to Texas throughout history. How do they get so much money? Alums in the oil industry or what?
Only male cheerleaders so they don't have gruden's wife to blame for unrealistic expectations.

Somebody explain Texas A & M to me. No national titles since 1939, seemingly an 8 or 9 win program in general. Second fiddle to Texas throughout history. How do they get so much money? Alums in the oil industry or what?

Underachievers. Probably biggest sleeping giant in all of CFB imo. No reason for a program like aTm to not have had at least the same success as an Auburn overshadowed by the Big Brother school.

If you graduate 10s of thousands of cult members every year, you're going to have plenty of followers willing to open up their check books.

Top 2 "school"/program in a state with about 30 million people. Also an hour away from Houston suburbs, one of the top cities in the US in terms of population and economy.

It adds up...

Top 2 "school"/program in a state with about 30 million people. Also an hour away from Houston suburbs, one of the top cities in the US in terms of population and economy.

It adds up...

Makes sense. They've just been so off my radar outside of Johnny Football that I wasn't seeing it.

Back