Johnny Football a NFL success?

I think he is going to surprise a lot of people and turn out to be pretty good. He has a lot stonger arm than most give him credit for. The big caveat is that he has to stay healthy which is no small task given his size and playing style. Reminds me a bit of Steve Young.

he will be an RGIII type player....he'll run around a bit the first few games...and then he'll get hit hard a few times before being hurt

I disagree. Many see him as just a scramble player that makes plays. He really does understand the field and where to pass to

I understand him wanting to go to the draft, and I think he has all the tools to potentially succeed.

That being said, the guy already comes from money. I'm wondering if down the road (even if he has a successful NFL career), he's going to look back and wish he would have lived it up in college for 2 more years.

Not a Tebow bust because he does not have the mechanical problems.

Question should be whether he is Brett Farve or Ryan Leaf.

I see a lot of Brett Favre in him. Sumlin will have a good track record of QB's in the NFL if Case Keenum and Manziel work out.

He needs to prove he can put it accurately in NFL windows. A lot of his throws at A&M were 50/50 jumpballs that Evans etc went up and got.

Not a Tebow bust because he does not have the mechanical problems.

Question should be whether he is Brett Farve or Ryan Leaf.

Could be Favre like if he gets drafted by a party town team. Then he'd have to be traded to a frozen wasteland, such as Green Bay, just to sober up and be able to perform

Good not great longterm. Not sure who to compare him to but think he will be a longterm starter with a pedigree of someone like Jay Cutler

TD is a CFL HOF guy all the way. He will never make a noise in the NFL but CFL? Seems like a perfect fit. Flutie2.

He has every skill needed to be successful in the NFL, but he better learn how to slide and get out of bounds, or NFL will stand for "not for long".

Im not sure how he compares to Farve. Farve was full size, no? The standard bearer for smaller QBs is Drew Brees, no? I understand the comparisons to Vick, similar height, but their running seems completely different to me. Vick got away with it because he is faster than everybody else. Manziel is elite fast, but i dont see him getting away with it due to speed, but due to a freakish elusiveness. There is no way to know how that will transition. I expect it will, and he will use it a few times per game.

He also had better not get in the face of those NFL linemen. Its a different game.

Back