Jojatk's 'lunch bunch' report on Coach Wilson's

Re: Jojatk\'s \'lunch bunch\' report on Coach Wilson\'s

Glad you brought this over here. It's a dandy. Some interesting things in the report.

We're at 13 public verbals. Coach Wilson comments that at time of report we're at 15 total. Lot of talk that Hall, LB from TX, has verbaled but silent online. Who is the other? Much speculation on Hive. Are we after Choice HARD? Don't know honestly. Just thinking out who could be maybe "the other silent."

Coach Wilson throws out some news that others could give verbal before the weekend. Interesting. This will get us all wondering in excitement.
wink.gif

Another report of "23" 'ships this year with a thought if we get the "right guys" could jump up to 25.

Talk of practice.... Doesn't surprise me that Landry and Butler are getting a seeming good look at S spots. Recall what I saw in practice. Those two guys can really run while physical. They run and hit, which seems to be a building block for what the coaches are looking for per Coach Gailey.

Pullen and Mathews mentioned. Be interesting to see how these young men grow through winter, spring, and summer when we get a look at them in the Fall.

Cooper is 6'7. Goodness. When seeing him in practice he could really run. Wonder how he's filling out?

I-Perfection with closing spead needs to work on toughness is stated, while Gilliam showing promise sounds like. Liked what I saw from him in ST.

Where will Chris Reis make more of himself know? He's already a big time special teams player. Will he grow to play LB next year while he's working with second team safety with Cory slowed with injury.

Kinji McNair working a lot behind Reco. That's going to be an important spot to fill next year. Hoping Green will work to make this a good competition.

Much more info in report. Higgins could be next years punter? Ace moving back to FB for bowl game? He is listed there in depth chart now. Tony's rehab sounds to be going very well. Good to hear. Then it highlights recuit visits, which is interesting. First I can recall this much being told. Like the sounds of it.

Let's hope our Jackets give us all something to build on for next year on Dec 31.

Go Jackets!

Re: Jojatk\'s \'lunch bunch\' report on Coach Wilson\'s

Coach Wilson sure emphasized last yr's recruits, probably wanting to get a shot at those who thought we didn't get much last yr. We got good players last yr. Let me take a brief look at who seems to really coming along from this group:
1)McNair could be our next outstanding LB. We got lucky to get this young man late.
2)Great decision to rs Jordan as he will be our kicker for 4 yrs now. A had to get recruit.
3)Cooper may be the best receiving TE we've had since Raible('75-76). Terrific recruit.
4)Great decision to rs Pullen & Matthews as they will play a LOT for 4 yrs. Excellent DL. Brezina?
5)Reis is a tough Special Teams player that we need. Reminds me of Mitchell & Brookings. Will play STs & b/u LB. Contributed early.
6)Gilliam's an early contributor on STs. Will b/u Butler @ S.
7)Eziemefe is a tough runner who really picked us up vs NCar & will continue to contribute @ FB.
8)Sampson is still learning & needed the rs, but gave it up to help the team at a decimated position. Reminds me of Sidney Ford.
9)Bridges played a lot & had Fr drops, but will be a huge contibutor for us for 3 more yrs. Sure gets open!
10)McGuire will really help us @ WR for 4 yrs.
11)Harris has the SPEED we need. Will be big on returns in '03.
12)McHargue is what we need @ OT in 2 yrs after Dorsey,Wallac,Phillips.
13)Ivery hopes to bounce back from a knee to play CB.
14) Alford is a good looking walkon that could end up @ TE or the OL.

Back