JT on ESPN CF Home Page

EKEPzfS.png

What did Dashaun Watson do to blossom into a star? JT5 was a top 10 quarterback in the nation last year, and he won the OB and beat uga in his first year as starter. Wtf did Kaaya or Watson do?

öööö you espn
:bigcry:

Kayaa at least looked decent against a few decent defenses and showed some improvement between August and November (not necessarily a huge amount).

All Watson has done is look super athletic vs terrible defenses in UNC and NC ST, did mediocre against FSU and spent the rest of the time injured. Look ok against South Car I guess but that isn't a high bar either.

Kayaa at least looked decent against a few decent defenses and showed some improvement between August and November (not necessarily a huge amount).

All Watson has done is look super athletic vs terrible defenses in UNC and NC ST, did mediocre against FSU and spent the rest of the time injured. Look ok against South Car I guess but that isn't a high bar either.

But he did put up 3 points in 2.5 drives against Tech. Then hurt himself (again) right before he would have started blowing up on us. At least that's what I read on the Clemson boards.

Watson set the Clemson single game TD pass record in his first start as a true freshman. He also was 2nd in the nation in QBR before he got hurt. His rating still ended up 2nd overall, he just didn't have enough attempts to qualify. I'd say that makes him at least decent.

You guys are joking about Deshaun Watson, right? How can you not tell that kid is a stud? He looked like the Second Coming every time he was in there. He is justifiably on any ACC star watch list.

What did Dashaun Watson do to blossom into a star? JT5 was a top 10 quarterback in the nation last year, and he won the OB and beat uga in his first year as starter. Wtf did Kaaya or Watson do?

öööö you espn
:bigcry:
When Watson is healthy he scares me. I don't think he can handle the beating of being a running QB in the ACC though

Watson is just as dangerous as Thomas and potentially even more so. He's the real deal when he's healthy; he just hasn't had a chance to shine yet. Kaaya is above average and had a big improvement last year. I think his ceiling is lower than Thomas and Watson and higher than Voytik.

He has great talent but so far he has looked good and built up stats against really bad defenses. He set that record against UNC one week after they gave up 70 to ECU. Against better defenses he didn't look as good because sometimes athleticism alone isn't enough. Against FSU he looked decent but not great and against Louisville he got off to a bad start before getting injured.

His ceiling is high but his current demonstrative level is below Kayaa. If you're going to talk about a conference being strong at QB, putting him up there with Thomas is making a lot of assumptions on how he will be.

And Derrick Rose is an elite NBA point guard when he's healthy.

This. Go back and watch Watson's drive where he gets hurt. He was making 4-8 yards a pop on his first drive and on his second he's doing it again. Except that on both drives our safeties are teeing off on him, and it's just getting worse - he's taking some shots. I don't think he makes it to half time with the way he was getting pounded, whether he hurts his leg or not.

Watson is talented, no doubt. I'm not sure I'm willing to slap the injury label on him just yet, but he could be a big time stud if he can stay healthy. In the handful of times I've seen him play, he's scary good considering how young he is.

Whether or not you respect him for dinking and dunking on us last year before the injury, it's hard to fault a guy for picking the D apart. We certainly were teeing off on him, but I'm sure that a little coaching will teach him how to avoid some of those hits. IMHO, he looks legit.

You guys are joking about Deshaun Watson, right? How can you not tell that kid is a stud? He looked like the Second Coming every time he was in there. He is justifiably on any ACC star watch list.

Not really. Looked like a good prospect but (a) limited sample size and (2) he's always hurt.

He looked good on the drives against us, but the play calling was going to get the QB killed. It originally remixed me of Dantzler, but the more I think about his season as a total, it reminded me of Nix and Reggie. The offense looked good until the QB gets dinged up.

How many consecutive games did he start? I'm thinking 2.

Not really. Looked like a good prospect but (a) limited sample size and (2) he's always hurt.

this was my point. don't call the kid Jesus until he starts walking on water.

ours did.

This. Go back and watch Watson's drive where he gets hurt. He was making 4-8 yards a pop on his first drive and on his second he's doing it again. Except that on both drives our safeties are teeing off on him, and it's just getting worse - he's taking some shots. I don't think he makes it to half time with the way he was getting pounded, whether he hurts his leg or not.

His first drive was a 3-and-out. His 2nd drive they moved the ball, but stalled in the red zone when we didn't have to worry about getting beat deep. 3rd drive is where he got hurt - but they were moving the ball well up til then. A TD there could have affected the game, sure. That being said, who is to say they don't call that same TE screen with Watson in there? They way Golden brilliantly read that play, he was going to pick off the pass regardless of who threw it.

He looked good on the drives against us, but the play calling was going to get the QB killed. It originally remixed me of Dantzler, but the more I think about his season as a total, it reminded me of Nix and Reggie. The offense looked good until the QB gets dinged up.

How many consecutive games did he start? I'm thinking 2.

Agreed. The plays set him up to get hammered and his running style is not smart. He takes a ton of hits running up-right in the middle of the field. Contrast this with the way Thomas runs.
- Too quick to get teed up
- Runs low and gets to the ground when in the middle of the field
- Gets his yards and steps out 2-3 yards in front of the defender

Think about how many runs Thomas had that didn't end with him in the endzone or stepping out of bounds. I can only picture a handful to be honest although I'm sure there were more. Probably 90% of the runs I can think of right now end with him stepping OOB.

This is a great comparison injury-wise.

Watson lost a lot of his OL (5 off the 2-deep) and his OC. Let see if he can A) stay on the field, and B) play well consistently before we start putting him in the POTY discussion.

Back