Juanyeh Thomas, All American

Congrats well deserved. Maybe the Tarrant comparisons weren’t outlandish after all!

Congrats Juanyeh!

Psst.Talk to new coach about playing on the other side of the ball...

Last edited:
The least they could have done is spell his name right.

Wan-teh'

He is now tied for the CAREER lead in kick return TDs in GT history as a true ööööing freshman.
Agree totally about Juanyeh, but minor correction... he shares the record for kickoff (not kick) TD returns. Jimmy Brown had 3 punt return TD's during his career in the mid-60's.

Congrats kid

Now that we are an Adidas School, can they design his own Shoe for him, call it the Yehzey :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Too soon?

Before anyone asks, Adidas has a shoe named after Kanye West called the Yeezy or STTE

Agree totally about Juanyeh, but minor correction... he shares the record for kickoff (not kick) TD returns. Jimmy Brown had 3 punt return TD's during his career in the mid-60's.
Yep, that's what I meant - kick as opposed to punt.

Regardless, he'll have the overall record next year anyway. Dude is a TD waiting to happen when he gets the ball in his hands with space.

Yep, that's what I meant - kick as opposed to punt.

Regardless, he'll have the overall record next year anyway. Dude is a TD waiting to happen when he gets the ball in his hands with space.
He is hungry. I don't know if anyone noticed that he gets upset if a kick goes out of the endzone. He wants to take them all to the house.
I cannot believe UGAg kicked to him, unless it was a mistake. Blankenship is normally every kick out the back or the endzone.

You can tell he has a ton of confidence in his ability. Watching him this season, he plays like he is the best player on the field - no offense to our other players. It is just the way he carries himself. I imagine that next season he will be even better after a full year of S/C. By his junior year, we will have a dominant safety/punt returner/kick returner.

He is hungry. I don't know if anyone noticed that he gets upset if a kick goes out of the endzone. He wants to take them all to the house.
I cannot believe UGAg kicked to him, unless it was a mistake. Blankenship is normally every kick out the back or the endzone.

When I watch the replay it looks like the two gunners for dwags didn't hold their lanes and would have had him if they stayed in them, but they cut in. This sloppy play was most likely caused because balkenship did kick so many touchbacks they got rusty. Good for us though. Bad for us is their team is all fresh and sophs. :(

When I watch the replay it looks like the two gunners for dwags didn't hold their lanes and would have had him if they stayed in them, but they cut in. This sloppy play was most likely caused because balkenship did kick so many touchbacks they got rusty. Good for us though. Bad for us is their team is all fresh and sophs. :(
We gonna kick their ass

I am not saying he is this good or will even ever get this good, but on returns, he reminds me some of Todd Gurley. Not quite as fast, not quite as smooth in his cuts yet, but he is built and sized like him and is much more of a strider than your typical returner. But he seems very decisive and definitely fast in a straight line.

I know, yuck, Gurley, dwags, ugag, etc.

You can tell he has a ton of confidence in his ability. Watching him this season, he plays like he is the best player on the field - no offense to our other players. It is just the way he carries himself. I imagine that next season he will be even better after a full year of S/C. By his junior year, we will have a dominant safety/punt returner/kick returner.
Honestly I'm more excited to see him out there on defense. He's got great closing speed, but he's also a big dude and hits really hard. I have no idea why he wasn't a 4 star player, but I'm glad we got him.

Back