Juicy Rumors ... Smart and the Buccs

mind rite but not rite but rite

the more chaos in athens, the better. let coach shart run off like a freshman with a bag of weed
unnamed (1).jpg

Would be a terrible hire for the bucs imo, Kirby is 100% prescribed to the Saban method of having superior players to win the game, not a good Xs and Os guy which is what they need.

But I would be totally okay with that happening.

If you want to make the jump to the NFL, then you have to stay. Its one thing where you go, like Saban, but you had a National Title under your belt. So there its not like you did not do your best. (only to determine that you cant just out talent/resource other teams in the NFL *big cry) But if KS were to jump ship, he is burning all the bridges in college. With nothing to show for it other than he can take a well resourced program with lots of talent and maintain it. I dont know if its any less stressful in the NFL for Head Coaches so its kind of a wash
But on the other hand, no recruiting and no boosters. And he would probably be set for life. Plus he could get another CFB job, just like Chip Kelley.

Bucs fan here. Please God, not another college coach! Maybe he will resurrect Schiano's kneel down knee attack?

Not a common move to make for NFL teams plus Smart is making good money at his alma mater. I’d love to see it happen.
The Buccaneers' ownership and management are dumber than a bag of hammers. Since Gruden ran off Rich McKay, and Malcolm Glazer passed away, they have hired the following coaches: Raheem Morris, Greg Schiano, Lovie Smith, and Dirk the Jerk Koetter. It would not surprise me whatever brain-dead move they make next.

Bucs hire Kirby, Bucs find error on Kirby’s resume, Kirby left unemployed.

Kirby leaves uGA, uGA rehires Richt, Richt goes 0-12.

uga goes 0-12, mass exodus of players from program, uga loses the next 10 COFH games.

If you want to make the jump to the NFL, then you have to stay. Its one thing where you go, like Saban, but you had a National Title under your belt. So there its not like you did not do your best. (only to determine that you cant just out talent/resource other teams in the NFL *big cry) But if KS were to jump ship, he is burning all the bridges in college. With nothing to show for it other than he can take a well resourced program with lots of talent and maintain it. I dont know if its any less stressful in the NFL for Head Coaches so its kind of a wash
Not sure it’s possible to burn all your bridges in college outside of a major scandal and/or violations. And even then you may have a shot somewhere.

Couldn't see him considering it unless the money was absolutely stupid. Would be a great meltdown, though.

Last edited:
Let's just acknowledge FBS coaches at the Power 5 level are some of the most maniacal and egotistical people around. These guys are wired like Fortune 500 CEOs. So, for those that question why someone in his position would even consider making the jump, that would be like hurr durring the thought of the CEO from IBM or Dell leaving to be CEO of Google or Apple or Microsoft.

The way these dudes are wired they have to know whether they can cut it at that top level.

No way is smart an nfl caliber HC.

The angst in the cesspool would be fun, but I would imagine, given their roster, that some pretty qualified applicants would call them.

No way is smart an nfl caliber HC.

The angst in the cesspool would be fun, but I would imagine, given their roster, that some pretty qualified applicants would call them.

I also enjoy watching him cry when it looks like they might not make the playoffs.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back