Just a sec...it took Gailey this long to figure out that

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
if the players flunk out they can't suit up next Fall? Some are defending Coach by saying he was duped by Braine or Moore or Clough or....While this may be true, it begs the question as to how dumb is he to listen (or not) to these people about the academic performance of HIS players without really digging to check it out himself. Some will say he asked the Hill if he could check with so & so about a player(s). They said no, so he says 'OK' & just walks away? Some will say his hands were tied, but I say he could have done a LOT & I mean a LOT more to keep up with the players' academics. Was he & staff LAZY about the academic condition of his team? Were they lasse-faire??
Gailey's quoted in the Wed AJC saying "We're going to get involved, be as involved as we can." We're "GOING to get involved"??? It took losing 11 players from the Spring roster to get him to be "GOING to get involved"???
These players academic problems didn't just start with Spring Semester. Gailey KNEW, or certainly should've known, that they got put on probation AFTER Fall Semester. What does it take for him to realize there's a serious academic problem on his team? A 2x4 between the eyes???
Reports say that Hollings was not in school for Spring semester as he rehabbed. Gailey KNEW, or certainly should have known, that Hollings was dropped after Fall semester. Yet Coach continued to say "Hollings should be 100% by Fall". Hollings is 100% out of Ga Tech for Fall.
Just how 'uninvolved' can a Head Coach of a major Div1a, ACC member & ACC Co-Champion 5 seasons ago, get??? Gailey is setting records for what he doesn't know is going on. The more people 'spin' about Gailey being out of the loop, the dumber he sounds to me.
Gailey will be bought out & move on down the road a very rich man, but Georgia Tech will be trying to replace these students & football players for a very long time.

GT ACE: I've posted similar comments during this whole academic fiasco - accountability for your players!!!

i'm sure his first comment when he heard the news-
"That didn't happen on my last teams" -duh

Back