Just call him Air Thomas

Playing the #1 defense on a rainy day in a foreign country and winning on a comeback drive... that's something to brag about.

When was the last time they won an ACC game? I think everyone else in the conference has also beaten that #1 defense recently.

Meh. We went 1-7 last year and we were a much better team than that, especially before the injuries. If you watch them play you know how good their defense is. Their offense was terrible, but the new QB definitely made a difference.

We won't see a D-line (or rush D in general) quite as good as BC's probably for the rest of the year. Not saying our offense will perform at a 2014 level, but it should be easier to develop the ground game against a majority of our schedule.

We'll see probably 4-5 teams as good or better than BC's defense. We'll see probably 8+ teams better than BC's "offense".

We won't see a D-line (or rush D in general) quite as good as BC's probably for the rest of the year. Not saying our offense will perform at a 2014 level, but it should be easier to develop the ground game against a majority of our schedule.

er,there is clempsum

I disagree. BCs defense was numero uno last year. I think Clemson and UGA are only as good. I dont know that we will see a defense as well coached as BC and they have the stats to back that up.

They have given FSU big problems the past two years.

That was a really good win and I dont get the downplay. Yes BC has a horrible offense. They are a bit better due to Towles but their defense is straight up legit. Super good test for a offense especially after last year. A good test for our defense too. A great team to test our team out the gate.

Will benefit the remainder of the year.

BC's defense is legit. Additionally, it was our first game and was being played half way across the world. I do not see this as a great indicator for our expected offensive efficiency for the rest of the season. Not saying we'll be good, but I certainly wouldn't go all chicken little after this one either.

I was on the optimistic side until I read that CPJ thinks that win was lucky and that we actually suck.

I was on the optimistic side until I read that CPJ thinks that win was lucky and that we actually suck.

Pure coachspeak, IMO. Having a sloppy & close victory gives him the opportunity to tell the team how "lucky" they were which means he can grill them in practice and keep them motivated.

We ran for 71 yards last year on Clem.
144 on UVA.
161 on VT
171 on Duke.

Plenty of good defenses out there yet to come.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back