Just musing... (2002 Holiday Bowl)

Thunder

Damn Good Rat
I was able to attend the Holiday Bowl at Qualcomm Stadium and I had a pretty good time. It was either the Holiday Bowl or the SVC for me, as I'm in California right now. I decided on seeing the Holiday Bowl because it was closer, KSU was in it, and some of the things the Fresno State fans said about the area near Spartan Stadium gave me second thoughts about visiting the area. That last bit might just be an excuse since midtown Atlanta at night is its own adventure, but San Diego is easily a better football venue than San Jose. Besides, I thought it was nice to watch another one of my teams for a change. Anyway, the stadium was decent and the seats I had were field level at the 20 yard line, but I've never seen that many guys standing in line for the restroom in my life. During the game, I sat in front of a couple of kids (and I mean kids, they certainly weren't college age) who were comic relief when complaining about KSU's inept first half. Granted, if anyone here ever repeated any of those things they said and applied it to GT, they'd probably get verbally lynched, but I just found them too entertaining to take seriously.

The halftime show featured a HS band from Hawaii, both KSU and ASU bands, color guard, cheerleaders, and one hell of a fireworks and pyrotechnics show. It was like the 4th of July...with me freezing my butt off in 50° temps at night because I was too stubborn to take my jacket with me! I mean, it didn't seem that cold when the game started...at 5:00!

pat.gif

Apparently, I still haven't figured out the weather here. I thought it was warmer here than Atlanta. Either that, or it's been way too long since I've been outside in 50° weather in short sleeves for four hours.

As for the game, despite it being a come-from-behind dogfight for the Wildcats that was frustrating to watch for three quarters, I found Ell Roberson's fourth quarter clutch performance for KSU to be quite impressive, especially the throw to James Terry on the 4th and 10. He had good control on that throw under pressure. Earlier in the season, some KSU fans got on him about him making some mistakes, but he got better as the season wore on and got the experience with the playing time. After coming off the bench for the first four games of the season, Ell eventually replaced senior Marc Dunn as the starting QB.

I don't really have a point to make. After all, I'm just musing...and still wondering why our cheerleaders can't dance like theirs, and adding to my post count.
wink.gif

Congrats on the post count. Posting often will do that for you. I'm intrigued about the cheerleader reference.
smile.gif

A line of 15 or so attractive girls wearing purple tube tops and tight black pants doing the can-can and several hip-shaking moves that I can't put into words.

T'was nice, very nice.
wink.gif

Back