Just read Jalen Camp also out for season (per AJC)

What's up with all these injuries? I though our strength and conditioning program were supposed to be top notch,

Our S&C is much better than under CPJ. Injuries can happen when you are pushing and doing things that are unfamiliar. Small injuries can linger, which leads to injuries elsewhere when you compensate.

Edit: I'll add that our lack of depth on OL is also a problem. Guys are playing through stuff they normally would have rested.

Here's our answer!! 1-3 looks a lot better than 1-11!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...after-losing-11-players-to-injuries/40230095/

Seriously though, I think there's a good chance some of these "season-ending" injuries could be partly roster management. I don't think they're fake injuries but I do think for Camp and Cooper it could be a calculated decision to just come back next year instead. Lee, his injury seemed more serious.

Our S&C is much better than under CPJ.
Is this actually true? I know we had our share of "feeling cute, might ball out later" instagram posts where our guys greased themselves up and flexed for the cameras, but have any of y'all actually seen a player manhandle someone or get separation this year and thought "that didn't happen in years past"?

So, it does sound more strategic now than anything else. Nagging injury he could have grinded through, but with our passing offense not up to speed, don't have him waste his last year of eligibility.

So, it does sound more strategic now than anything else. Nagging injury he could have grinded through, but with our passing offense not up to speed, don't have him waste his last year of eligibility.

I think this is quite possible, but Collins also has stuck to his developmental program comments and that if he had a stronger last year, he'd have a chance at the next level. I wouldn't blame anyone considering this transition.

Is this actually true? I know we had our share of "feeling cute, might ball out later" instagram posts where our guys greased themselves up and flexed for the cameras, but have any of y'all actually seen a player manhandle someone or get separation this year and thought "that didn't happen in years past"?
Our defense is light years better.

Offensive line is depleted and they certainly don’t pass the eye test. Not sure you can blame S&C Coach considering we had most all of them eating to gain weight.

Our defense is light years better.

Offensive line is depleted and they certainly don’t pass the eye test. Not sure you can blame S&C Coach considering we had most all of them eating to gain weight.
Our OL still look like dough boys, just like under CPJ. Eye test, though, we're bigger than we were in the spring.

Here's our answer!! 1-3 looks a lot better than 1-11!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...after-losing-11-players-to-injuries/40230095/

Seriously though, I think there's a good chance some of these "season-ending" injuries could be partly roster management. I don't think they're fake injuries but I do think for Camp and Cooper it could be a calculated decision to just come back next year instead. Lee, his injury seemed more serious.
This makes sense in terms of next year. It looks like all three will be available for Spring practice. They all should be better next season with more practice and conditioning. This will allow us to build up line and receiver depth without having a bubble in this year's class or reaching to border line recruits or transfers. We also pick up Clayton on the D line.

Back