Just thinking final 51 , 7 What if

FAN OF BOBBY DODD

Flats Noob
there is descenion among the players because of their loyalty to an assistant more than the head coach (which has been suggested) and these players along with others decide to jump on the big G in Sanford Stadium as a prank, as kids will do and Coach Gailey sees this and not won'ting to make a big issue in public (trying to keep any disciplinary issues private) waits to deal with those envolved in the locker room before the game and as a result, because they (some) already have bad attitudes go out on the field and let it affect their play and one set back on the field leads to another and then to desaster.Having dealt with both young people and adults in simular situations and believing coach Gailey would try to deal with them as stated already (because I believe he is a man of character) I beleive this is very likely senerio. Just my opinion what do you think

Hmmmm. Interesting theory...plausible, I guess.

or maybe you're clutching at straws?

or maybe you've been studyin' on it to much?
rolleyes.gif

Still - interesting thought. If there's any truth to it Chan may have to clean house the way GOL did when he took over.

It's possible. But a relaxed style leaves you open to all sorts of stuff happening off site and behind you on the bench and during the game, etc. you don't control. Now, I'm no huge fan of O'leary, but I will give him his due in one regard - running the ship. I think players respected the clear lines of discipline layed out and knew not to cross them. One would not even have considered logo stomping unless it had been expressly cleared. He had everything orchestrated to the second as far as where a player should be on the field, in warmups or elsewhere.

Back