Kaleb Oliver in the portal

agt45

Distinguished Gentleman
Looks like he is leaving as a grad transfer. Bummer.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
He has looked pretty good out there. Does make sense to broaden your horizons when getting a master's degree

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Good luck to Kaleb. He was a good player for us and glad he got that degree. He should land in a good spot and hopefully not have to share so many snaps.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I imagine we'd have been happy to keep him, but grad transfers make a lot of sense for many players.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Good player. Seemed to take a step back this year, like most of our secondary. I think he’s a better fit for a traditional safety spot vs trying to stay with Syracuse’s slot receiver in man-to-man from the nickle

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Good player. Seemed to take a step back this year, like most of our secondary. I think he’s a better fit for a traditional safety spot vs trying to stay with Syracuse’s slot receiver in man-to-man from the nickle
Agree. With Kenyatta Watson transferring in, we may see him at corner and have Tre take on that nickel role more.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Loved watching him play. Played hard and hit hard. Hope he lands in a good spot.

rain

Dodd-Like
The portal giveth and the portal taketh away.
I think that the portal, while helpful to the cause now, will end up being a net negative in a few years. Much like the one and dones destroyed Cremins’ building plans.

Last edited:

Techbert

Dodd-Like
I think that the portal, while helpful to the cause now, will end up being a net negative in a few years. Much like the one and fines destroyed Cremins’ building plans.
It's a stopgap while our babies grow up, since their is a vacuum in non-transfer senior numbers.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
No idea how good he’d be at nickel, but he’s too slow to play outside in the NFL.
I thought the Nickle had to be really quick since you’re going to matchup with more small slot WRs. A boundry corner has the benefit of the sideline, and is more likely to be dropping into a 2 or 3 deep shell anyway. That’s where you want a physical corner that understands leverage and can play the ball which Tre does pretty well.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Right now the portal is propping up a slip in recruiting.
Pretty sure Johnson recruited all the people who should be non-transfer seniors right now, and the year before, and the year before.

The slip happened on your hero's watch. We are just repairing the damage.