Keith Marshall's Brother

We have Marshall, Lands-Davis and Weimerskirch as BB, then Benson, Jarrett and Cottrell as AB. I don't think we have room for more RBs. Also JJ Green for 2016.

Yeah, that should be UCLA commit Victor Alexander.

That would be awesome. MOAR defense please!!!

and Taquon Marshall as a likely A-Back as well.

When is the last time we signed 25? Heck, when is the last time we signed more than 20?

I think he will spend this year at QB, but yeah, looking at his film, can be a great AB too:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1556049/highlights/188517375

We've got:
Weimerskirch: BB
MLD: BB/AB
M. Marshall: BB/AB
Cottrell: AB
Jarrett: AB
Benson: AB
T. Marshall: AB/QB
Walker: DB/AB

My guess would be that Weimerskirch and MLD play at BB this year while Marshall RSs. Jarrett and Cottrell play while Benson/Marshall RS. And Walker gets put with the DBs.

Sorry fellas. No room for anymore. We are technically at 85 or 86 scholarships and we have a big time recruit we are going balls to the wall for right now that's committed to Stanford visiting this weekend and he would be a "we don't have room but we will make room" kinda guy.

Who is the mystery stud we are going after that is committed to Stanford? Do you mean UCLA?

who the hell are y'all talking about?

When is the last time we signed 25? Heck, when is the last time we signed more than 20?

We signed 22 last year. The difference this year is we don't have the "flipper factor" to worry about (save Singleton) and I credit the coaches for that for identifying kids that want to be at GT and have bought in to the culture. Our great 2014 season certainly does not hurt matters - the chemistry on that team was the perfect blue print moving forward, and it appears to me the coaches are applying it to recruiting, as well. These kids are solid and can't wait to play for GT and be a part of what is being built.

And we actually have quality players wanting to squeeze in the class late, which is a nice problem to have. Definitely beats the alternative.

who the hell are y'all talking about?

tax jacket was probably thinking of Dylan Jackson, who is now a solid stanford commit.

who he should have been thinking of is vic alexander who is currently a ucla commit, but we are still going after hard and he still likes us a lot.

tax jacket was probably thinking of Dylan Jackson, who is now a solid stanford commit.

who he should have been thinking of is vic alexander who is currently a ucla commit, but we are still going after hard and he still likes us a lot.

thanks. I didn't know that.

By my count we're at 85 right now with the current commits and non-graduating players (could be off, idk). So assuming we know of 1 or 2 people leaving (likely) we ought to have room for Alexander and to honor the gray-shirt the WR.

By my count we're at 85 right now with the current commits and non-graduating players (could be off, idk). So assuming we know of 1 or 2 people leaving (likely) we ought to have room for Alexander and to honor the gray-shirt the WR.

Correct. I believe if Vic commits and JHD regains eligibility we'll be at 87. Someone the other day researched the previous years and we've had average early attrition of about 5 players/year. But more than that, I trust the coaches and I don't think they'd over-commit to these kids unless they knew for sure they'll have a spot for them.

anybody have a link to a roster telling who is on scholarship and who isn't?

Taking guesses on a few, I've got us at 61 right now not counting JHD or JJ Green. Rodwell is on scholly, right?

And we have 25 commits. That's 86. Rumor is Chaz Cheeks and Thomas O'Reilly are graduating and leaving, which would mean we have room for 1 more, at least.

Last edited:
Correct. I believe if Vic commits and JHD regains eligibility we'll be at 87. Someone the other day researched the previous years and we've had average early attrition of about 5 players/year. But more than that, I trust the coaches and I don't think they'd over-commit to these kids unless they knew for sure they'll have a spot for them.

One of either Cheeks or O'Reilly already have a job lined up. If we manage to land Alexander that would put us at 87. Minus these two (and they may or may have already confirmed everything with coaches) and we're at 85. The gray shirt kid will get a scholarship if we lose anyone unexpected between now and next fall, after the 2 over 85 are in their spots.

I feel like having a full, legitimate 85 will really help. In the past I've felt like several of the 85 we were carrying weren't really going to have a chance to fight for a job. But, more and more the depth we are building means that the 2's and 3's and even 4's on the team are pushing for playing time. Having someone like Jabari on scout team has to be a huge plus for the offense to practice against.

One of either Cheeks or O'Reilly already have a job lined up. If we manage to land Alexander that would put us at 87. Minus these two (and they may or may have already confirmed everything with coaches) and we're at 85. The gray shirt kid will get a scholarship if we lose anyone unexpected between now and next fall, after the 2 over 85 are in their spots.

I feel like having a full, legitimate 85 will really help. In the past I've felt like several of the 85 we were carrying weren't really going to have a chance to fight for a job. But, more and more the depth we are building means that the 2's and 3's and even 4's on the team are pushing for playing time. Having someone like Jabari on scout team has to be a huge plus for the offense to practice against.

It also means we can more consistently redshirt players. I really like seeing the coming years with a bunch of redshirt seniors on the roster!

I know the term "gray shirt" is kinda handy when talking about Brad Stewart, but we are not offering a "gray shirt" situation. A gray shirt is when you ask the kid to not start school until the following year.

Quite simply, we have offered Brad Stewart a guaranteed spot as a PWO with the agreement that if a scholarship opens up, it is his.

If he decides to accept, he will enroll this fall just like every other freshman walk-on.

I know the term "gray shirt" is kinda handy when talking about Brad Stewart, but we are not offering a "gray shirt" situation. A gray shirt is when you ask the kid to not start school until the following year.

Quite simply, we have offered Brad Stewart a guaranteed spot as a PWO with the agreement that if a scholarship opens up, it is his.

If he decides to accept, he will enroll this fall just like every other freshman walk-on.

so its a light-grey shirt?
or maybe its an off-white shirt?
wouldnt these shirts represent a benefit not given to regular students? NCAA probably about to bust us again
we are so screwed

thanks stingtalk, for ruining GT Football AGAIN!!

so its a light-grey shirt?
or maybe its an off-white shirt?

we are not requiring him to wear any shirt, if he doesn't want to. if he chooses to wear a shirt, it will be provided by him and not the Institute™.

:naughty:

Back