Keith Marshall's Brother

The joke within the joke is the word "played"

Could they offer him to keep his brother happy or to pull a Brendan Douglas on us?

UGA probably doesn't too much care to waste a scholly on someone to keep Keith happy. They have Chubb and Michel already for 2 more years and Keith hasn't panned out because of injury and they can't figure out to maximize his abilities, so I don't think they'll offer Marcus just to keep Meith happy.

UGA probably doesn't too much care to waste a scholly on someone to keep Keith happy. They have Chubb and Michel already for 2 more years and Keith hasn't panned out because of injury and they can't figure out to maximize his abilities, so I don't think they'll offer Marcus just to keep Meith happy.

In that case, could Keith Marshall be interested in transferring?

Our local school, where my son happens to coach, plays Millbrook every year. Marcus Marshall would be a great back for us. And, he is a great kid from a wonderful family. He is a tough runner with great vision and good hips that enable him to make LB's and safeties miss. I talked with his brother when we played Millbrook this year, Keith was home as the Dawgs were off. He is a great young man as well. After he committed early to Richt he was surprised to have Gurley commit late and be the featured back in his recruiting class. But, he has made the best of things at UGA in spite of being hurt a lot.

Anyway, our coaches really all agree Marcus is an overall better back than his brother, just lacking Keith's breakaway speed. I could see him as an A-back or B-back. Of the guys who have run for us in recent years, he may remind me the most of Orwin Smith. Let's hope he has a great visit.

Hard to tell what he'd do lining up shallow at BB given most of the snaps in that video are either out of the spread or lining up deep in a 2-back set, but it's not hard to envision him as a home run hitter as an AB taking the pitch, making one cut, and then taking it to the house a la Orwin Smith. That's what 3/4 of his tape taking the hand off out of the spread is: one cut and then straight up the sideline with extreme pace to paydirt.

Might be a guy who starts at AB and then moves to BB as an upperclassman like Anthony Allen as he gets bigger and physically matures.

Whenever this kid gets away from everyone and is dusting them all, I noticed how freakishly steady he keeps his head. That's what all the pundits used to talk about when Eric Dickerson used to run the football. Hope we can somehow get this guy. OR, he can go to UGA and literally never play there.

Does it appear that we have a spot for him at his position? Good indicator of him committing to us.

We will take him even though we don't really have a need at that spot. CPJ has more A Backs than Carter had Liver Pills. He goes through them like crap through a goose.

Go Jackets!

A guy on another site said a good source says that they think he is coming here. Due to graduation of two players next semester opening spots.

You mean guys who graduate with eligibility but stop playing?

His GPA is almost as high as his 40 time... which makes absolutely zero sense but is a pretty awesome stat.

Get faster or get smarter, kid!
Marcus Marshall

• 40: 4.4 secs
  • GPA: 4.3
PS 247sports predicts he'll sign with Vandy. wut?

His GPA is almost as high as his 40 time... which makes absolutely zero sense but is a pretty awesome stat.

Get faster or get smarter, kid!
Marcus Marshall

• 40: 4.4 secs
  • GPA: 4.3
PS 247sports predicts he'll sign with Vandy. wut?

sec

Back