Kelley Rhino...

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Per the AJC.com Kelley Rhino is still suffering from that ankle sprain he suffered against Duke. He looks doubtful for Georgia.

Who would return punts? I think Jonathan Smith has done it a few times. I know Hester did it 1999 but had trouble holding onto the ball.

Rhino's performance against Dook was about as gutsy as it gets. He played nearly the whole game with a badly sprained foot but he shrugged it off and played hard even though he could barely stand on the foot.

It would be tremendous if he could play against Ugag and set the all time ACC punt return yardage record. It would be especially sweet to do it against Ugag since so many of the dawg fans have made so many insulting jokes about him and his size and the fact that he got a Division 1 scholarship.
Anyone that has ever seen him play has to be impressed. If every player on our team played as hard as he does we would never lose a game.

Kelly Rhino.

WHEN THIS GUY IS HURT WHY WAS HE STILL PLAYING VERSUS DUKE?

Can someone answer that question? If it so serious that he cannot play after 2 weeks then NO WAY should he been out there.

If he does not play then our chances of winning drop SIGNIFICANTLY. Our stagnant offense has trouble going 50 yds much less 65+.

I expect he will be out there. But I knew he should have been pulled.

My understanding is that the trainers told him that there was not really any danger of injuring himself any worse; and that he could play if he could stand the pain.
Of course, once the game is over it takes time to heal the sprain. If there is anyway humanly possible, he will play against Ugag. But playing hurt against Dook apparently has no effect on the overall healing process of this type injury.

Hope he can make it for UGAg. Just think, it might be 20 years before we have another Rhino at the Flats! Take it easy, Kelly, and get well son!

Back