Kelly is MAKE OR BREAK for ND......

They are slow? Wow, they had a pretty prolific offense to be such slowpokes.

What do you know about the talent level they have on defense? The defense was crappy, but I am no convinced that was all (or even mostly) talent.

Take your meds lonestar, no need to get all huffy. I'm related to some old-timers, and hope to be one myself some day.

The "they are slow" comment was preceded by the Michigan state defense comment. Yes, their offense is good but their defense IS SLOW! Not one of their LBers would have played for Tech under Tenuta...I can say that with confidence. GT has a lot more talent on defense than ND does, I don't care what Rivals and Scout say.

Yes, these writers do have an effect on who gets pumped nationally and that would have an effect on recruiting....but these same media types inflate the rankings of kids as they enter school. Does this ND team look like it has hauled in the #: 5, 11,2, and 23rd best recruiting classes the last 4 years? That is their hype machine biting them in the ass.

I'm clicking around on Scout on ND's past recruits. A lot of them did have offers from schools like USC, Oklahoma, Florida, etc. But there are also 4*, highly ranked recruits which have mediocre offer lists, schools like Kentucky, Iowa, Indiana, and no mention of a powerhouse offer.

Most of these overrated recruits also are on defense. So it does seem like they have MSU and Indiana level talent on defense. Nevertheless, there's no excuse for how bad Weis has done. I never got what was so impressive about an NFL assistant. His fat ass must have given a hell of an interview.

Kelly took a program that was nothing to a perfect season. He will be very successful at ND. Maybe not multiple MNC's like they were hoping for Weis, but he'll have plenty of 10+ win seasons with their cupcake schedule.

Back