"Ken couldn't make it..."

18in32

Petard Hoister
Anybody know why Ken Suguira prefaced his question to CPJ at 6:00 of the Tuesday press conference by joking that he wasn't Ken but was asking a question for Ken?

I'm guessing it's because Ken thinks CPJ doesn't like his questions generally? The comment gets a smile from CPJ, so maybe he's in on the joke...?

EDIT: Or maybe that wasn't actually Ken's voice. I thought it was. But that would explain it.

Anybody know why Ken Suguira prefaced his question to CPJ at 6:00 of the Tuesday press conference by joking that he wasn't Ken but was asking a question for Ken?

I'm guessing it's because Ken thinks CPJ doesn't like his questions generally? The comment gets a smile from CPJ, so maybe he's in on the joke...?

EDIT: Or maybe that wasn't actually Ken's voice. I thought it was. But that would explain it.

ken can't come to the phone right now. why? because he's dead

That was Quinlan asking

I don't think CPJ is very fond of Ken. I appreciate Ken's coverage of the team, but he seems to get on CPJ's nerves in press conferences.

I think Ken typically asks unanswerable questions ("is X hurt?" "We'll find out on Thursday").

Ken released some info that was not cleared by the AA and the coaching staff. Coach has not been fond of him since then. It would take something pretty significant for the "hatchet to be buried".

Oh boo ööööing hoo. Ken is a reporter not a PR mouthpiece for the AA.
More to the story than just that. The biggest issue was the injury he reported hadn't been passed on to the kids parents yet. They ended up finding out when the AJC reported it. Johnson was irate. He had given Ken some insider access under the caveat that some things needed to be reported at the proper time. Ken didn't heed that agreement.

Last edited:
More to the story than just that. The biggest issue was the injury he reported hadn't been passed on to the kids parents yet. They ended up finding out when the AJC reported it. Johnson was irate. He had given Ken some insider access under the caveat that some things needed to be reported at the proper time. Ken didn't heed that agreement.

Why do parents needed to be informed of typical football injuries? They aren't children. This is college.

Death is the sort of thing where you want the family to be notified first, not a knee ligament tear.

Back