Keys to the loss

Food for butthurt:

How about THE HILL not allowing Junior Gnonkonde in as an "exception" at Tech for CPJ? Then letting the Tech faithful watch the guy butt rape us several times today?

I'll take the blame. I haven't watched the Kick and the Pick clip the last few weeks or the Orange Bowl highlights or the 2014 season hype videos. I know it's a new season, but sometimes you have to review your tape to see if you're not watching hard enough.

A lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any fan in the entire country watch last season's videos as hard as I will watch last season's videos the rest of the season. God bless.

Sorry, but I call BS on the whining about playcalling at the end of the half. People around me were already starting to bitch about not throwing to the wide open slot receivers, and when we finally try it, they bitch about the call. Fact is, the play was open and we should be able to execute it. We know öööö well that PJ is an aggressive coach and we love him for it when it works.

He's not calling plays any worse than he did last year. We're just not as good of a team this year, and our luck had been downright awful. It's ultimately his fault, as is everything, but I don't think playcalling is the right culprit.
I agree I don't think play calling is the issue. Poor execution and mounting inuries are. Factor that in with horrid ST plays and some really shaky officiating that we always have to contend with and presto you are staring down the barrel of a calamity of a season. We are already very thin at several positions and when we take a hit like Gotsis getting tossed we are screwed. I admire the way McClellan played yesterday but come on he's 4th team any way you cut it. That is what our season has come to. And can anyone tell me what has happened to Marcus Marshall?

People around me were already starting to bitch about not throwing to the wide open slot receivers, and when we finally try it, they bitch about the call. Fact is, the play was open and we should be able to execute it.

As pointed out in the WR thread, this receiver was not always eligible.

I don't mind going for it on 4th and inches at the goal. But when you get blown up on 3rd down, why expect different on 4th. UNC was better playing low at the goal line. The pitch was there.

See "4th & 2" last week @ Duke with the game on the line.

It's called crappy, predictable play calling. CPJ is determined to prove this offense and his playcalling will work, results and victories be damned.

Food for butthurt:

How about THE HILL not allowing Junior Gnonkonde in as an "exception" at Tech for CPJ? Then letting the Tech faithful watch the guy butt rape us several times today?
IIRC Gnonkonde had some NCAA qualifying issues that took several months to sort out after he got to UNC. No way the Hill was going to sign off in this case.

remember all those GOOD things that happened last yr--well,its a new yr and they are not happening
but it is astounding that we go from OB win to probably not even getting to bowl

I agree that play calling is not the culprit but I would've liked to see us try a speed option play on the goal line one time.

Yeah that was my one complaint as well, but I get it. You can't lose yards on a dive, and you gotta think to cam pick up a yard in 2 tries.

On 4th down though, with nothing to lose, I'd liked to have seen a toss sweep. We just weren't getting a push up the middle.

Hunt is pretty awful. I paid attention to him most of the game, mostly out of curiosity given the hype he received in the offseason. My observations: He is really fat, he is really slow, he gives up on plays almost instantaneously. There was a play where they passed into the flat, he had a PERFECT angle if he would have been willing to run 5 yards beyond the LOS, he started to then literally just stopped.

Back