Kicker and Punter

Both snaps were bad but most people would also expect a holder to be able to manage both of those snaps. I don't think Shanahan has very good hand-eye coordination and doesn't seem like a "gamer." He seems timid and jumpy. I know some of that may be PTSD from our crappy punt protection, but last week against UNC he had a snap hit him in the hands and just flat out dropped it. Luckily the ball bounced right back to him. Twice against ND and several in the past few games I've noticed he's kicking line drives even when he has time back there.

I think that sun was a factor as well. But I also agree with the thought that a QB should be handling these snaps, not the punter.

I think that sun was a factor as well. But I also agree with the thought that a QB should be handling these snaps, not the punter.
Anybody recall who has been holding prior to HK going down? Typically, its the backup QB which would be ZP so its at least possible that with Zack starting, they had to scramble to pick somebody. If Shanahan has been holding all year then disregard.

Anybody recall who has been holding prior to HK going down? Typically, its the backup QB which would be ZP so its at least possible that with Zack starting, they had to scramble to pick somebody. If Shanahan has been holding all year then disregard.
Shanahan has been the holder all year. Key said something about it in fall camp something about NFL punters being place kick holders so wanted Shanahan to get some reps on that. I don't think he has to worry about getting reps for NFL.

Shanahan has been the holder all year. Key said something about it in fall camp something about NFL punters being place kick holders so wanted Shanahan to get some reps on that. I don't think he has to worry about getting reps for NFL.
Sometimes, your revolutionary new idea turns out to be something nobody is doing because it's obviously very silly. I feel your pain, Brent Key.

They do that in the NFL because they normally only have two QB's on the active roster. We have six QB's on our roster.
Our focus should be winning games. The odds of Shanahan getting an invite to an NFL tryout camp are slim and none.

This over and over again. Shouldn't be allowed to kick again this year. I don't know why King keeps sending him out there. He's proven he can't kick in a live game. No one cares what he does in practice.
Harrison Butker was 11/18 in 2014 and arguably lost the 2013 UGA game. I don’t believe any of the misses were blocked kicks.

Back