Kickoff Teams

msm5

Flats Noob
I know our kickoff coverage hasn't been stellar, but I thought they did a pretty good job last week. With the exception of one return, FSU had the ball inside the 30 on most (every?) kickoff, and we stopped them inside the 20 a few times. Also, our kickoff return has been phenomenal all year long. Great job on the onside kick, and Orwin Smith has been great all year long. He will be huge this week.

yeah I liked it a lot... I just hope we can get just one return for a touchdown against VPI. I feel like we'll have the game if we can do that to open up the half

We did really well in kickoff coverage. My major concern is a blocked punt or field goal.

My problem with kickoff coverage is that the one we needed to nail them on is the one that we allowed a big return on.

On a side note, why was Jaybo on the hands team?

My problem with kickoff coverage is that the one we needed to nail them on is the one that we allowed a big return on.

On a side note, why was Jaybo on the hands team?

I don't know, but my Dad listened to the Wes Durham show afterwards, and apparently Nesbitt was, too. So I took a look on espn360.com, and sure enough he was. Go to the 4:36:40 mark, and you'll see him directly to the right of Jaybo. CPJ is a badass. Some coaches won't even put their star RB/WR/CB on kickoff return. Or were you saying why was he on there because he might not have the best hands?

Back