KING OUT--

IMG_0181.gif

And not that it will be easy, but this should be an "easier" game than ND. ND is by far the most disciplined and best coached team we've played this season. They just played solid fundamental football the entire game. Only glaring error was the home run ball pick they threw, it was an awful pass, and that mistake was not repeated.

FWIW, that is some young kid reporting for VT's 247 site that King is out. He is probably right but it's a glorified guess on his part. Nobody has ruled King out for this week on GT's end.

And not that it will be easy, but this should be an "easier" game than ND. ND is by far the most disciplined and best coached team we've played this season. They just played solid fundamental football the entire game. Only glaring error was the home run ball pick they threw, it was an awful pass, and that mistake was not repeated.
Agreed.
They made adjustments after our first TD drive. After that, as the man said, physical superiority canceled all theory. Whatever adjustments we made or were going to make weren't going to matter.
My buddy was all "if things go our way today" and I said, "bruh, a whole bunch of öööö is gonna have to go our way today."
It didn't. And we got whipped on the LOS.

Agreed.
They made adjustments after our first TD drive. After that, as the man said, physical superiority canceled all theory. Whatever adjustments we made or were going to make weren't going to matter.
My buddy was all "if things go our way today" and I said, "bruh, a whole bunch of öööö is gonna have to go our way today."
It didn't. And we got whipped on the LOS.
It wasn't as bad as some seem to remember, and we really abandoned our normal run game. We only had two 3-and-outs the whole game. We moved the ball just failed to convert at key times and score. After our TD drive, they scored, and we tried to run the ball 3x. We had 3rd and 2 and tried to get cute with some sort of end around to Singleton. Another run by Alexander or Pyron and we might extend that drive. That was our 1st 3-and-out. Very next possession we drive right back down the field and it's the first botched FG attempt right before half (momentum and morale killer). Next possession coming out of half we try to throw it 3x and that is our second and only other 3 and out of the game. The next possession we move the ball up near midfield then two false starts gets us to 2nd and 20. That was nothing to do with ND adjustments. It's not easy for any team to overcome that. Force a punt and next possession long pass right down to the 15, then stall and miss the 2nd FG. Interception on next possession, then after that it's pretty much do or die time and we're just trying to throw it everywhere. Turnover on downs after 8 plays one possession, and INT in the last possession before our last TD in trash time.

Disastrous. Those of you who think that think Pyron gives as the same chance to win as King are delusional. Not throwing shade on Pyron, just a fact

Pyron doesn’t give us the same chance as King, but he’s still better than VTs starter. This is a game we can win without King. Tech has a storied history of winning in Blacksburg with backup QBs.

It wasn't as bad as some seem to remember, and we really abandoned our normal run game.
That's because they were stuffing it.
You take out Pyron's 20-yard scramble - and even the 16 yards lost on the bad snap - and we averaged 1.48 yards per rush attempt on 27 attempts.
We still ran the ball 27 times. And got nowhere. That means you're getting your ass whipped on the line of scrimmage. I was there to watch it and I told my buddy, we're getting our asses whipped up front.
Meanwhile, their top two backs, Love and Price, were 22 for 105 running the football, against what was supposed to be a stingy run defense. Leonard dropped back to pass at least 29 times - 0 sacks, 1 hurry. Meanwhile, they had 2 sacks and 4 hurries on Pyron and that doesn't count the number of times he got hit throwing.
We had 100 yards of offense in the first quarter - and 50 in the second. Sounds like somebody made an adjustment.
And you're gonna false start if you don't think you can block the guy in front of you.
No, we got our ass kicked. Plain and simple. If, if, if ... no. We f'd up two kicks but they missed one too. Notre Dame isn't a dynamic offense - I said that last week on here too - but they imposed their will.
We can talk about our special teams shortcomings (and there are many) and our coaching decisions and decision-making but ultimately, none of that factored into the outcome. They manhandled us like Chief Karlin on Fletch. Our very slim margins for error were evident.
I just hope we're healthy enough to compete this weekend.

Pyron doesn’t give us the same chance as King, but he’s still better than VTs starter. This is a game we can win without King. Tech has a storied history of winning in Blacksburg with backup QBs.
Pyron is in no way better than Drones

Pyron is in no way better than Drones

Drones is essentially Dontae Aycock. Incredible athlete that probably shouldn’t be playing QB unless it’s in an option offense. The fact that that dude got pumped as a Heisman candidate to have a 188 pypg, 62.6%, 9 TD, 5 INT stat line through 7 games against that pathetic excuse for a schedule is hilarious.

Back