Klocking out

Maybe he just hated all the puns on Tech message boards.

Maybe he should have spent less time on Stingtalk and more time klocking the books. Maybe then he might have gotten into the MBA program.

Frankly, there is no reason for anybody without work experience to get into the program although I know Tech has made exceptions. That guy who did dick from Stanford comes to mind.

As much as we may not want to admit it there are better MBA programs than Tech and some don't require work experience. Some also play FBS football. Congrats to Trey for finishing in 3 years with the grades to pursue graduate school. Some things are more important than football.

As much as we may not want to admit it there are better MBA programs than Tech and some don't require work experience.

I thinks its unlikely that many programs ranked higher than Tech dont have at least an equal work experience metric. Its one of the factors used to rank the programs by most

Of course that doesnt mean they dont make exceptions for athletes

What's the point of 'work experience' in a grad program? Never really quite understood and seems so outdated. Also, why doesn't a 40+ hour per week commitment like playing a varsity sport count towards that requirement?

What's the point of 'work experience' in a grad program? Never really quite understood and seems so outdated. Also, why doesn't a 40+ hour per week commitment like playing a varsity sport count towards that requirement?

Because you're not a part of running a business?

I thought this was a confirmation post of Bulovas' de-commitment (which is now de-bunked), hence the 'clock' joke. Should've noticed the k instead of c.

I thinks its unlikely that many programs ranked higher than Tech dont have at least an equal work experience metric. Its one of the factors used to rank the programs by most

An MBA program that accepts straight out of undergrad either isn't very good or is one of the best (and attracts the next Steve Jobs).

Wut?

You have to literally be part of 'running a business' to get into Tech's MBA program?

Most programs require a minimum of 2 years, because:
(1) the people hiring out of MBA programs want someone with real-world experience
(2) the schools want students to use their past experiences as part of the learning process, applying work to prior problems for context
(3) schools want to know that students are going to be focused, and not just looking for something to do before heading out into the real world

Highly doubtful. He would have name-checked it.
Correct. Woulda name dropped any brandname MBA. That being said, can't blame any kid for pursuing a graduate degree elsewhere, especially an MBA where it is considered less than ideal to get an MBA from the same school as your undergrad.

No way, you gotta hand it to us, we make it work. I'd be pretty alarmed if somebody didn't appreciate these. These kind of puns make people band together I'll see myself out

Perhaps he misunderstood his teammates when they were complaining about cock blocking.

Last edited:
Biggest disappointment to this is that we could have had a "Klock" and a "Bulovas" on the team at the same time.

Back