Kudos to AA

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
for the just released sports academic numbers from NCAA.Only baseball has a problem and it is limited probably.This is a positive that someone should get credit for.

Re: Kudos to DB, CG, and ....

don't forget Carol Moore for making this happen!

Two things

1) When the baseball score is adjusted for being a small sport...baseball is fine.

2) The only reason that baseball had a problem was the kids joining the MLB draft after their junior year....I cannot stand that part of the equation...NCAA should not count that if they depart in good academic standing.

I agree completely hiveredtech. I really don't understand the whole hangup on graduation and returning the next semester. If the kids are taking real classes and making progress towards a real degree, what else can be expected? If they get an offer for big money or feel they need to make a change, who is the NCAA to pass any kind of value judgement on that. The only things that should count against the school IMO is if they take someone's scholarship away without reason (see Auburn a few years ago and running kids off the football team). And that should cost them much more than this would.

Hiver,

They are making some progress in that field. You cannot be penalized unless:
1) SA becomes uneligible
AND
2) SA doesn't return to the program

So, thoe who leave early for the draft don't hurt so long as they are eligible. Of course, they do hurt because they bring their average down and there may be one bad apple out there who fails out and decides not to return.

Back