Last Win at High Altitude

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I noticed that the AUC mentions that the last Tech win at high altitude was the 42-21 win against Air Force in 1978. I seem to remember that Eddie Lee Ivery had 356 reasons to like that high altitude (NCAA record at the time). Of course the AUC failed to mention that fact.

Well heres to topping that 356
drinking.gif

If we get 356 total offensive yards I think we're gonna be ok.

I agree, that was a tremendous performance. Of note, the snowfall made the air much heavier (more oxygenated) than it would be under dry conditions. Altitude is a far bigger factor when it is dry. BYU is about 1800 feet lower than Colorado Springs, it's Monsoon season and the air will likely be heavy and moist for Thursday's game, but that's no guaranty as the relative humidity can change quickly out here. Still conditions should not be overly harsh.

Eddie Lee's 356 rushing yards had more to do with the weather conditions then the altitude. Icey field, very cold and snowing. He was ALSO sick with the flu!

Every time he came out of that game he was sick on the sidelines! That was AN UNBELIEVABLE effort by any taiback under some of the most adverse conditions!

Back