Last year was a rebuilding year.

coit

Persecuted for his beliefs
Stumbled across this old thread just now:

https://www.stingtalk.com/board/threads/is-this-year-a-rebuilding-year.84257/

There is s thought on another board that suggests this is more of a rebuilding year and that next year is the year expectations should be high. Loss of Shaq, Abacks and WR are cited as reasons to point to a rebuilding year along with the tough schedule.

Anybody buying that? I'm not.

Return so much on D, best QB in PJs tenure and a veteran Oline with the exception of one spot.

The ABacks and WR are a concern because they apparently can't block which is definitely a huge concern. But still. Rebuilding year implies 7 or so wins to me and that not nearly good enough. Still a lot of talent and experience on this team.

9 wins or more I say otherwise I'm labeling this season as underachieving in what should be a pretty down ACC outside of Clemson.

And post #2 from your truly:

Of course it is a rebuilding year for all of the reasons you cited. As good as JT is, he is not a one-man team. And I think most people seriously underestimate how valuable Shaq was to last year's team. We simply don't have a plug and play replacement for him.

But if we have improvements on the defensive side to the point where we can actually get teams off of the field on 3rd down, then that would offset the loss of offensive efficiency we are likely to have.

So it remains to be seen, but we all should be keeping in mind that next year is the year.

Called it.

Last year was a ööööing demolition year. Let's take all the history and goodwill we've built up and just ööööing ignite it in a huge dumpster.

What a time to be alive.

CPJ talks about being better than expectations.

Well let's ööööing hope so. Because I fully expect us to blow out whatever öööö FCS school we play, lose about 6-8 ACC games, get our öööö pushed in by UGA, and still have retarts on here talking about how great 2014 was.

Well let's ööööing hope so. Because I fully expect us to blow out whatever öööö FCS school we play, lose about 6-8 ACC games, get our öööö pushed in by UGA, and still have retarts on here talking about how great 2014 was.

It's official. @BarrelORum has taken over your account.

2014 was a special season. Did you watch the Orange Bowl? Good times.

:bigcry:

just because we sucked last year does not retroactively mean it was a rebuilding year. we sucked because we sucked, and because we had injuries. but you can't return that many starters and say you're rebuilding. that's retarded. with a d. like your mother likes it.

There've been times in my life
I've been wonderin' why
Still, somehow I believed we'd always survive
Now, I'm not so sure
You're waiting here
One good reason to try
But, what more can I say
What's left to provide

(You think that maybe it's over)
(Only if you want it to be)
Are you gonna wait for a sign, your miracle
Stand up and fight

(This is it)
Make no mistake where you are
(This is it)
You back's to the corner
(This is it)
Don't be a fool anymore
(This is it)

Lol...revisionist history on my part. Haha. I mean...with the injuries sustained at ABack and BBack it would be tough to call that a rebuilding year per se.

To me rebuilding would have been 7-5 or 6-6 if we were going off the 2014 year. 3-9 was beyond rebuilding.

MIND NOT RITE

Next year, we will lose our qb and most of the DL. Is that a rebuilding year?

Back