Late Night Sunday Practice Report....

33jacket

Dodd-Like
Ok, first off I am not going to try to analyze the O-line, D-line, LBs or HBs until we reach full contact and in pads. These positions just can't be judged right now so I am not going to comment on them for a few days.

I do feel like you can get a good take on the WRs, the DBs, and somewhat the QBs in the non-contact scrimmages so I will touch on those.

1) Our secondary looks good. Dawan will be stout at SS and had some nice interceptions in the one on one drills against the TEs. Kenny Scott has great natural ability. He needs to gain weight if he is ever to play boundary but that will come in time. He has great hips. He had a nice interception also in the one on one drills. Reuben had a nice interception in the scrimmages against Pat Carter. I am not worried about our DBs. James Butler was quiet today, but I didn't pay the best attention to him. D. Smith also had a pick. Right now on D the secondary and LBs are the most consistent positions on the whole team.

2)WRs....looked sloppy at times, but its early. Some dropped balls. Chris Dunlap can burn. Nate Curry looks like he is back. He has the best technique of any of the WRs and that includes #21. He really uses his body well to shield out the defender. Freddy is up to his usual tricks. He definitely has the best hands of the WRs.

3)RBs. Woods is fast and will see the field (my prediction). For those that don't know he is from Morris Brown. Grant is also fast. That is all I am going to say about this position until we see them hit.

4)QBs. Typical for being early in practice. Some bright spots but everyone was very inconsistent. Pat Carter and Reggie both throw a nice ball. But Pat definitely throws it a little better. Both are FAST. They can take it to the house if they ever got loose. In fact, they might be faster than half our WRs. I can't wait to see them run the option in a few years. D-Bo got 66% of the reps. No one is really standing out, but again it is early and I don't want to judge until the O-line can contact block.

To be honest...I will probably attend the rest of the non-contact practices, and unless I see something that really stands out or if one of the QBs "gets it" I won't post much until contact begins. That will seperate the men from the boys.

thanks for the info, 33jacket, for those of us in the "hinterlands." I think items 1 and 4 are the most crucial (of those listed) and those sound encouraging (albeit it may be tad early for my optimism).

Thanks for the report. Do you know what the practice schedule is for this week? I would like to go down and check out the team.

thanks for the report 33
drinking.gif

THANKS!! Any and all info you provide is much appreciated!! Keep it up!

Interesting to hear your takes on the two new RB's. I've got my fingers crossed!

blue.gif

Ditto the above 33, any news you can provide will be GREATLY appreciated.

Glad to finally get some news from the gridiron,
JJ

Thanks for the updates. I won't be back in Tech land for a little while yet so keep the reports coming.

Back