Latest rumor is Godsey was offered multi year OC contract

jacket_sav

Varsity Lurker
I have a better idea.

Hire Coach Cut as a "consultant" and have him work with QBs in the film room , that way he doesn't count against our 10 man on field coaching staff, then we have him work with our QBs at our IPF and make sure the marketing & hype machine doesn't film anything.

Voila!

Best of both worlds!
That would be great if he would do it

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Todd should hire a big name on a 2 or 3 year contract and give them title of OC and Head Coach Elect. Let everyone know what’s happening.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Todd should hire a big name on a 2 or 3 year contract and give them title of OC and Head Coach Elect. Let everyone know what’s happening.
The idea that we hire coordinators and tell one of them that he’ll take over in a year makes no sense to me.

It we don’t improve why would we want to promote the coordinator to HC? If we improve why would we fire the HC that orchestrated the improvement?

bonham

Dodd-Like
No thanks on the nostalgia hire. I fail to see where Goose has done anything of distinction as a coach. This attempt even further lowers my confidence in this staff.

I remember NC state doing a nostalgia hire for bball with Sidney Lowe, who was from the NBA but had done nothing worthwhile. That hire was a disaster for them.

cincytechie

Jolly Good Fellow
Stop re-treading previous HC/OCs with GT ties. Has that worked in the past for us? Find a young up-and-comer assistant from a factory with a potent offense (OSU, OU/Riley tree, etc.) that wants a shot at being OC. What do we have to lose with that?

18in32

Petard Hoister
Stop re-treading previous HC/OCs with GT ties. Has that worked in the past for us? Find a young up-and-comer assistant from a factory with a potent offense (OSU, OU/Riley tree, etc.) that wants a shot at being OC. What do we have to lose with that?
It's kinda bizarre how people grasp desperately after former Tech players. I think it's just a name familiarity thing... these are the names they know, so these are the names they suggest. TStan should know the landscape and know the good candidates of varying backgrounds.

Last edited:

oldgold68

Bitter old man
ADTS has the world’s smallest Rolodex. Everything is filed under “F”:

Former Tech GA, Former Tech QB, Former Tech OC, Former Tech TE, Former Tech OT, Former Tech RB, Former Tech DE, Former Tech DB, etc.

PM Gold

Varsity Lurker
It seems that Key will be our new OC. This opinion is only based upon not having some ready to hire. That being said I hope he spends eighty hours a week at Ralph Friegen's house studying film and learning play calling.
I really hoped Art Briles would come as OC and HC in waiting.

The Wasp

Varsity Lurker
well if he was that falls right in line with dumb ass moves Tech continues to make. Nothing against Godsey, but at this point we don't need to be saddled with anymore long term contracts. Dumbo is a dead man walking, so a new coach gets saddled with not only his buyout but an OC for multi-years who is not needed. And if the idea is to have a "coach in waiting" that is even dumber. Someone needs to step in immediately, he is administrating like Collins is coaching. If we aren't careful both of these characters - Collins has already shown disdain for the fans - and Stansbury is likely to say, I see what you guys are trying to do me, I'll go scorched earth and leave some contracts behind in Braine mold.