LB Meiguez out with torn ACL

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Was he expected to be in the rotation? I knowsome people wanted him to get a better look last year

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Was he expected to be in the rotation? I knowsome people wanted him to get a better look last year
More than likely. Still don't know what he's capable of because we haven't seen much of him yet, but that is one of the thinnest position groups on the team, so he would've been in heavy rotation I believe.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
That’s tough. Godspeed on a full recovery, Good reminder to take your studies seriously too.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
More than likely. Still don't know what he's capable of because we haven't seen much of him yet, but that is one of the thinnest position groups on the team, so he would've been in heavy rotation I believe.
Yea just looked at the roster and saw only a few linebackers total; most of which are freshman and walkons.

Makes the moves of Charlie Thomas, Knight and BJS to positions of depth more interesting.

Felike someone out of Carpenter, Allen, Thomas would slide down to get the best on the field.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Yea just looked at the roster and saw only a few linebackers total; most of which are freshman and walkons.

Makes the moves of Charlie Thomas, Knight and BJS to positions of depth more interesting.

Felike someone out of Carpenter, Allen, Thomas would slide down to get the best on the field.
Thomas is back at LB. Knight never really was one, and BJS is the one that wanted to move to RB. We'll be thin there if we have any injuries but I think we'll be ok, and it's not as easy as it sounds to walk a safety down to LB or cross train them. There is a ton of eye discipline and pre-snap reads that are different for the two positions and could easily get confusing. Don't forget we still have Quez Jackson, transfer Ace Eley, Charlie Thomas, Khatavian Franks, Khaya Wright, and Trenilyas Tatum.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Thomas is back at LB. Knight never really was one, and BJS is the one that wanted to move to RB. We'll be thin there if we have any injuries but I think we'll be ok, and it's not as easy as it sounds to walk a safety down to LB or cross train them. There is a ton of eye discipline and pre-snap reads that are different for the two positions and could easily get confusing. Don't forget we still have Quez Jackson, transfer Ace Eley, Charlie Thomas, Khatavian Franks, Khaya Wright, and Trenilyas Tatum.
Franks, Wright are both 6'2+. Excited to see what they can do and how much they weigh.

Eley can play too.

I'm excited to see what a non-C LB corps looks like.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Yea. We have 2 LBs and some true freshman. That’s my point.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Yea. We have 2 LBs and some true freshman. That’s my point.
Quez, Eley, and Thomas are not freshman. They are the 3 likely starters for the 2 LB spots. Wright and Franks are listed as true freshmen because of Covid year, but have been with the program over a year. Tatum is the only true freshman and likely has the highest ceiling.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Quez, Eley, and Thomas are not freshman. They are the 3 likely starters for the 2 LB spots. Wright and Franks are listed as true freshmen because of Covid year, but have been with the program over a year. Tatum is the only true freshman andlikely has the highest ceiling.
Ok, sorry. We have a multi-year starter that has been inconsistent at best, a transfer we scoped for depth, and a journeyman that has struggled in every position despite great athletic ability. I hope the true freshman rock

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Ok, sorry. We have a multi-year starter that has been inconsistent at best, a transfer we scoped for depth, and a journeyman that has struggled in every position despite great athletic ability. I hope the true freshman rock
So your suggestion is to move more guys out of position to cover. Ok. And not real sure if you're saying Charlie Thomas struggled at every position... he was probably one of the best LB's in 2019 but he struggled to keep weight on and got injured a couple times because of it is why he moved to DB. He struggled at DB because he's more natural playing downhill as a LB. He's finally at a better weight and they moved him back.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
CharlieThomas, Eley, and Quez should be a solid trio.

Sucks about Tyson. Was really hoping he’d crack the starting lineup soon.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
You think Eley - a grad transfer - was “scoped for depth?”

aeromech

Dodd-Like
First, with the almost magical work they can do with ACL's these days, I am confident he will be fine long term.

Second, we should be able to weather a player going out without making significant roster changes.

Last edited: