Lets quit the

oldfoggy

Dodd-Like
bickering and concentate on UNC. If indeed we are all Tech fans (I know I am, until the good lord calls me home, then I'll be in the big grand stands in the sky) lets get behind this team, the coaches we have at present and beat the stuffings out of UNC! I love Tech, you guys/ladies and our team and leaders. BEAT UNC and as always to HELL WITH UGa.

A-MEN!!
drinking.gif

Right on!! A win by any margin will be great. Let's do it, and then we can worry about whomever we are scheduled to play next week. Right now UNC at BDS is our only game, and is a must win. Go Jackets, to include, offense, defense, special teams, coaches, cheerleaders, band, fans, everybody! Beat UNC!

ps: for you grammer and spelling types. I had a question as to whether "whoever" or its objective case "whomever" was correct in the above post. As posts are now being graded as to spelling and grammer, any constructive comments as to the resolution of this important issue would be appreciated.

pps: and btw, Dear offense, even though it is not your primary function do so, please score enough points to win this game. Please. Thanks.

i agree!

ps: Dear Offense, put us in the best position to win the game. Dear Defense, put us in the best position to win the game. Dear Special Teams, put us in the best position to win the game.

GWoods, Ylo and anyone else who shows up, you got it, I'll have a cold Imperial (Costa Rican) for you Saturday. Oh yes, I majored in Chemistry not english, so say it any way you want I think we will all understand.
grin.gif

Seeing as how we are focusing on UNC in this thread, an article in the ajc about Reis talked about how his PT has been as much of a roller coaster as this season is.

Plays a ton against NC State, then none against Duke because of Def. packages. I've just got to believe that he's going to get a fair share of PT against UNC this weekend.

I feel like we're going to have to roll out a similar D for UNC to stop the pass. How does their running game compare?

Originally posted by JacksonJacket:
Seeing as how we are focusing on UNC in this thread, an article in the ajc about Reis talked about how his PT has been as much of a roller coaster as this season is.

Plays a ton against NC State, then none against Duke because of Def. packages. I've just got to believe that he's going to get a fair share of PT against UNC this weekend.

I feel like we're going to have to roll out a similar D for UNC to stop the pass. How does their running game compare?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">==============================================

HUH ????????? Reis didn't play vs Duke ?????

I didn't notice, but one thing I HAVE noticed, is the direct correlation between his PT and how the defense performs.....hmmmm..........

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
bickering and concentate on UNC. If indeed we are all Tech fans (I know I am, until the good lord calls me home, then I'll be in the big grand stands in the sky) lets get behind this team, the coaches we have at present and beat the stuffings out of UNC! I love Tech, you guys/ladies and our team and leaders. BEAT UNC and as always to HELL WITH UGa.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Just curious, are you going to be yelling "to Hell with Georgia" from the grandstands in the sky?
smile.gif
Hope you are feeling better.

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by JacksonJacket:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">==============================================

HUH ????????? Reis didn't play vs Duke ?????

I didn't notice, but one thing I HAVE noticed, is the direct correlation between his PT and how the defense performs.....hmmmm..........
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Here's the ajc article I got it from:

http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/gatech/1103/12gtfoot.html

Granted, like the AJC, I was not able to attend the game in person so I'll defer to those on the board that were in attendance to confirm or deny this.

SLJ, Probably, Because the big man up there knows it's just an expression. Also thanks I feel much better my sore throat is gone, still clogged up (nose that is) but much better. Again Thanks

Also found it curious and disturbing that Reis didn't play especially since it was sort of a defensive debacle. Was he hurt? Strange. Almost like nobody, including Tenuta, showed up for that one.

TO HELL WITH THE TARHOLES!!!

If I could make the 1st game of the season after having open heart surgery I'm not going to let a little cold stop me. The only way I won't be there Saturday is if the good Lord calls me home.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
If I could make the 1st game of the season after having open heart surgery I'm not going to let a little cold stop me. The only way I won't be there Saturday is if the good Lord calls me home.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I certainly hope you remembered to sign up for the national "do not call" list.
wink.gif

Thought it was simply the defenses we were playing. Hasn't Reis mainly played in our dollar package? Doubt we ran that much since Duke isn't a passing team. He's not one of the regular top 4 DBs and isn't a LB. So he only plays in the pass defense packages I thought.

You're right NCJ, that's what they said in the article, that Reis got so much PT when we went with 6 DB's against NCState, but Dook didn't offer the same passing threat and therefore the D setup was different.

Have a feeling Reis sees the field a lot on Sat.

originally posted by JacketIM

ps: for you grammer and spelling types. I had a question as to whether "whoever" or its objective case "whomever" was correct in the above post. As posts are now being graded as to spelling and grammer, any constructive comments as to the resolution of this important issue would be appreciated
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You used it correctly; who and whoever are used in the subjective case and whom and whomever are used in the objective case.

oldfoggy: Do you think you will be well enough to make the game? btw, good post.

Back