"Lettermans Club Folly"...Last straw for Braine?

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
My prediction......This will be the last straw.

I believe this will push the lettermen over the edge and demand something be done.

Frankly this is not only embarassing, but maybe one of the worse decisions I have ever seen.

After all that's happened, I honestly don't know what it will take to get him out of there. But this certainly raises the AA's actions to the next level of stupidity.

I trust that everyone is either calling, emailing or writing the AA and the Pres on this one. I know this letterwinner has!

Online polls and message boards won't get the job done. Write that email or letter today!

Emailing and Writing the AA will accomplish nothing. The only way to get rid of Braine is through Clough. Several prominent boosters of the program have already gone to Clough and asked him to fire Braine. Clough told them he would not do it and he was fully supportive of Braine. I am firmly in aggreement that Dave Braine should go but the only way to get it done is through Clough and it may require radical methods such as witholding donations to the Roll Call and other non-athletic fund raising vehicles to truly get Clough's attention on this matter.

Dang...I just checked on Ebay about the Lettermans' bid and sure enough...someone with the handle on Ebay named "DAWGFEVER03" is the high bid!!!!
pat.gif
This is pure BS on Braine's part...oh, how can a man named Braine not have one!!!
wtf.gif

I realize that Clough is the only avenue. But by voicing our displeasure to the AA we can at least do our part to prevent pathetic things like certain auctions from happening again.
Although the first round with Clough didn't work hopefully enough people knocking on his door will eventually help change his mind.

83jascket is right on. The only difference is, withholding non-athletic funds at ugag did nothing with Dooley and Walker behind it.

After further thought on this maybe Braine is trying to force a buyout of his contract. Braine has let it be known that he will go away, but it will cost..... i.e buyout of his contract (my understanding is he wants something between $1m to $2m). Also, some of the people who want him gone in the worst way are GT Letterman (think GT Broadcast Color Man). Maybe Braine is trying to piss these guys off so bad that they will raise the $1m to $2m so that he can go back to his beloved Blacksburg to retire in style courtesy of GT.

If he's scalping tickets, we should have him arrested. Is Wayne Clough proud of the precedent the GTAA is setting. David Braine's next plan is to sell rides onto Grant Field in the Ramblin' Wreck to "anyone from any school" with the highest bid on ebay. What a prostitute!!! This isn't Lincoln's bedroom, but it's damn close to it. Sound familiar!!

Originally posted by 83jacket:
After further thought on this maybe Braine is trying to force a buyout of his contract. Braine has let it be known that he will go away, but it will cost..... i.e buyout of his contract (my understanding is he wants something between $1m to $2m). Also, some of the people who want him gone in the worst way are GT Letterman (think GT Broadcast Color Man). Maybe Braine is trying to piss these guys off so bad that they will raise the $1m to $2m so that he can go back to his beloved Blacksburg to retire in style courtesy of GT.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">-----------------------------------------------

83Jacket

Good points - I wouldn't doubt this scenario one bit.....I hope the Lettermen respect his wishes

One can only hope that someone has the brains (no pun intended) to refuse the sale if the person who wins cannot demonstrate some allegiance to Tech. I don't care what the bid is, there is no amount of money that can justify putting a dawg fan in the letterwinners section. Maybe Lucius will just kick their ass if they show up wearing red.

Back