Liberty University Will End The Season With More ACC Wins Than GT (Poll)

Liberty University Will Win More Games Against ACC Teams than Georgia Tech in the 2020 Season

• Total voters

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
Well at least they have won 2/3 of their games against ACC schools, lots of teams in the conference would like to be able to do that.
What a dumbass take. They played three of the öööötier schools in the conference.
“hurr durr they won 2/3 of their games hurr durr”

dont get drool on yourself

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
What a dumbass take. They played three of the öööötier schools in the conference.

To be fair, they played and beat one bad team (@Syracuse, 1-8, to whom we lost badly), played and beat one mediocre team (@VPI, 4-5), and played and lost (on a late blocked FG) to a decent team (@NC State, 6-3, we'll see how we do against them in a couple of weeks). Since only 5 teams in the ACC are over .500 in conference right now, it's not a stretch to say that a lot of ACC teams would like to win 2/3 of their conference games.

JRjr

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
To be fair, they played and beat one bad team (@Syracuse, 1-8, to whom we lost badly), played and beat one mediocre team (@VPI, 4-5), and played and lost (on a late blocked FG) to a decent team (@NC State, 6-3, we'll see how we do against them in a couple of weeks). Since only 5 teams in the ACC are over .500 in conference right now, it's not a stretch to say that a lot of ACC teams would like to win 2/3 of their conference games.

JRjr
If you’re gonna call out “played and lost (on a late blocked FG)” for NCSU, then you need to also acknowledge that the win over VPI was also a fluke. They lost that game outside of VPI’s coach being an absolute dumbass.
But no, my point still stands. They played three öööö ACC teams and beat two of them. Whoopeedeedo.

We’ve also beaten two öööö ACC schools.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
If you’re gonna call out “played and lost (on a late blocked FG)” for NCSU, then you need to also acknowledge that the win over VPI was also a fluke. They lost that game outside of VPI’s coach being an absolute dumbass.
But no, my point still stands. They played three öööö ACC teams and beat two of them. Whoopeedeedo.

I guess I'd disagree that NC State counts as a bad ACC team, since they're #5 of 15 in the conference. That's above average, at least, although they miss Clemson and ND and lost to Miami and UNC (the two teams immediately above them in the standings).

JRjr

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds

Bro, Liberty is Southern Cal, dude.

georgytech

Varsity Lurker

Hesitate to reply but my post is factually correct . And winning 2\3 of their games against ACC teams is something Tech will not do this year nor probably next year either. Please note also that one of Liberty's ACC wins was against a team Tech lost a game to. Put that in your crack pipe & smoke it.. It is what it is.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
Every year there are a couple minor non-P5 teams that have the planets line up for them to have their best season of the century. Good for them. But only a pathetic fan would exploit that to make a disingenuous comparison in an effort to ridicule their own team.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
It’s funny how earlier in the year people were like “Syracuse is so bad they lost to LIBERTY” and other people were like, “Nah, man, Liberty is actually good.” Now people are like “Liberty? Get outta here!” Seems like GT-Liberty would be a pretty good game this year, though.

JRjr

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
Hesitate to reply but my post is factually correct . And winning 2\3 of their games against ACC teams is something Tech will not do this year nor probably next year either. Please note also that one of Liberty's ACC wins was against a team Tech lost a game to. Put that in your crack pipe & smoke it.. It is what it is.
You’re one of the worst type of Tech “fans”.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
And winning 2\3 of their games against ACC teams is something Tech will not do this year nor probably next year either. Please note also that one of Liberty's ACC wins was against a team Tech lost a game to. Put that in your crack pipe & smoke it.. It is what it is.
The bolded are feelings, not facts.

georgytech

Varsity Lurker
GT is currently at a 1/3 win rate of conference games with 4 games left to play meaning even if they win all 4 of the remaining games that would give them a 60 % win rate against ACC opponents slightly below the 2/3 needed to match the Liberty win rate. Highly unlikely Tech wins out even if all 4 games are played. Tech might win 2 which would give them a 40% win rate against conference opponents so this season it is FACT they will not win 2/3 of games against ACC foes.
As for next year let us wait & see. While I hope Tech wins them all I don't see them with a 66% win rate in conference .

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
GT is currently at a 1/3 win rate of conference games with 4 games left to play meaning even if they win all 4 of the remaining games that would give them a 60 % win rate against ACC opponents slightly below the 2/3 needed to match the Liberty win rate. Highly unlikely Tech wins out even if all 4 games are played. Tech might win 2 which would give them a 40% win rate against conference opponents so this season it is FACT they will not win 2/3 of games against ACC foes.
As for next year let us wait & see. While I hope Tech wins them all I don't see them with a 66% win rate in conference .
Shut. The öööö. Up. No one cares except you.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
I misread your first part as not hitting 3 wins, so I'll retract that part. The one other comment I'll add is 2/3 of 10 games is harder than 2/3 of 3, especially when the 3 doesn't include the top teams.

covingtonjacket

Knowledge superspreader
Glad Liberty did not play and win only one ACC game this year- they would be better than Clemson.

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
How the hell did liberty get three games against ACC opponents in a year when we’re only playing one out of conference?